[Q] LG G3 Quick Circle Clock without QC case?

Search This thread

RashidAlawadi

Nov 13, 2013
The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Is there a way to set Quick Circle Clock as Daydream but without actually having the Quick Circle case? I don't like the default daydream clock and the quick circle clock is just beautiful but I don't like to use cases on my phone.

flapmio

Dec 24, 2010
Yes, a very good idea but I think LG wants the sales of it's Quick Window cases to stay high so that's why they didn't add it to the DayDream setting originally. Hopefully they will do it in a future update?

benisman89

Dec 12, 2010
Helsinki
The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Is there a way to set Quick Circle Clock as Daydream but without actually having the Quick Circle case? I don't like the default daydream clock and the quick circle clock is just beautiful but I don't like to use cases on my phone.

ive been thinking same thing.. maybe some dev brings it to our phones...?

padarnor

Apr 9, 2012
I don't know how, but two times happened with me that the clock appeared.

First time my wife just put down the phone onto the table, second time I just took it out from my pocket.

Firstly I didn't know what I see, but after some search on the internet I recognized that it is the quick circle clock.

I've checked it and found that it's enabled in the settings.
I don't know how it could happen, but I think somehow my phone recognized something like a quick circle case.
I don't know which sensor is used by the case, I have tried to hide the front sensors, I tried to use my Samsung S4 case too, but I couldn't reproduce it.

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
alphaminimal.ddns.info
I don't know how, but two times happened with me that the clock appeared.

First time my wife just put down the phone onto the table, second time I just took it out from my pocket.

Firstly I didn't know what I see, but after some search on the internet I recognized that it is the quick circle clock.

I've checked it and found that it's enabled in the settings.
I don't know how it could happen, but I think somehow my phone recognized something like a quick circle case.
I don't know which sensor is used by the case, I have tried to hide the front sensors, I tried to use my Samsung S4 case too, but I couldn't reproduce it.

The case has a magnet and the phone picks up using a Magnetic Sensor

GarinC

Jan 10, 2016
If you put a magnet on the left of the screen near center while phone screen off it will enable circle clock :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

for some reason when i place my LG G3 on the fingerprint reader on my HP ENVY 15T-J000 it activates the clock idk how that works but it is cool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you put a magnet on the left of the screen near center while phone screen off it will enable circle clock :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    +1 to have a Dev look at this.

I'd really love to install one of the watch face for my lock screen clock!

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone