[Q] LG G4 Battery charged -> sound and vibration

Search This thread

deepskydiver

Sep 26, 2008
Is there any way to stop the vibration?
I can stop the sound - have a tasker setup I carried over from my Nexus 5. But in the early hours of the morning the phone vibrates to tell me it's charged. I've tried tasker and a couple of apps (Notific and Heads Off). But for each the phone still vibrates when I connect the charger and when it finishes charging.

There is a vibration strength setting but I can't seem to get to it through Tasker.

Seems an odd choice to make this not configurable. :-/

Reactions: pen²

deepskydiver

Sep 26, 2008
To follow up with what I've done in case others have a similar issue.
* while the battery is charging the LED cycles a dim red
* when it's charged it's a brighter cyan
* it vibrates and makes a sound when it finishes charging
* it gives you a notification to tell you it's charged and that you should unplug it

None of these are helpful at 2 in the morning.

First, light flow and heads off do not solve the problem.

All I haven't been able to stop is the notification, which is annoying because I can't read the time in the morning (without my glasses) until I dismiss it. And it's pointless LG - right? Stop telling me every time.

So I used tasker to set priority mode interrupts and disable some other notification settings every night.
When it's 99% charged I change that to No Interruptions. Then when the battery is charged I wait 5 seconds and change it back to priority mode again.
To stop the LED I use trigger which has the option to disable the LED (tasker doesn't seem to do this.)

Reactions: pen²

FredyG

Dec 24, 2011
If you have a ROOT....
Kill manually this sound lol
You can use "root explorer" (or ES-Explorer, etc)

I take one mute sound from "/system/sounds/NoSignal_LR_128k.mp3"
and after i replace this sound with the original searched by the system !

You find a lot sounds here
/system/media/audio/UI
All the sounds have a name in ogg file, but i rename a lot times my mute.mp3 with the sounds of these folder

you can delete or rename :
LowBattery.ogg -> LowBattery_.ogg
FullBattery.ogg -> FullBattery_.ogg
And place the mute.mp3 with the same name (NoSignal_LR_128k.mp3 renamed in ...FullBattery.ogg)
Yes i know is dirty :angel:

Hear the others, you can "disable" the sound for the camera, the sound PowerOn, PowerOff, etc :D

Last edited:

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
If you have a ROOT....

/system/media/audio/UI
All the sounds have a name in ogg file, but i rename a lot times my mute.mp3 with the sounds of these folder

And place the mute.mp3 with the same name (NoSignal_LR_128k.mp3 renamed in ...FullBattery.ogg)

Hear the others, you can "disable" the sound for the camera, the sound PowerOn, PowerOff, etc :D

I had the same issue on marshmallow and I renamed the file xxx.bak but the camera still sounded. I tried xxx.OLD as well but the camera still sounded. Renaming a soundless mp3 file to as you described eventually helped. THANK YOU.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a ROOT....

/system/media/audio/UI

Is there any way to stop the vibration?
    I can stop the sound - have a tasker setup I carried over from my Nexus 5. But in the early hours of the morning the phone vibrates to tell me it's charged. I've tried tasker and a couple of apps (Notific and Heads Off). But for each the phone still vibrates when I connect the charger and when it finishes charging.

There is a vibration strength setting but I can't seem to get to it through Tasker.

Seems an odd choice to make this not configurable. :-/
    To follow up with what I've done in case others have a similar issue.
    * while the battery is charging the LED cycles a dim red
    * when it's charged it's a brighter cyan
    * it vibrates and makes a sound when it finishes charging
    * it gives you a notification to tell you it's charged and that you should unplug it

None of these are helpful at 2 in the morning.

First, light flow and heads off do not solve the problem.

All I haven't been able to stop is the notification, which is annoying because I can't read the time in the morning (without my glasses) until I dismiss it. And it's pointless LG - right? Stop telling me every time.

So I used tasker to set priority mode interrupts and disable some other notification settings every night.
    When it's 99% charged I change that to No Interruptions. Then when the battery is charged I wait 5 seconds and change it back to priority mode again.
    To stop the LED I use trigger which has the option to disable the LED (tasker doesn't seem to do this.)