[Q] Lg Watch R WIFI

Search This thread

rplumb

Jul 9, 2010
this is pretty much the main thing being talked about in the 5.1.1 thread here - probably best to read through that and track it there.

rwischer

Jan 5, 2012
I contacted LGUS today and they would neither confirm nor deny WiFi for the GWR. The online chat rep ended the session by saying that "They would need to contact me later after they did some research to provide me with an accurate answer." I thought for sure that she misunderstood my question and assumed that I was more interested in the 5.1.1 release. If that were the case I could see why support might not be fully up to speed on 5.1.1 and would want to research a little more. After I explained that I was simply interested in the specs (i.e. is it WiFi ready? Does it have an antenna?) she said she understood and reiterated that LG would need time to research. Why in the world would support not have this info immediately at hand? They need time to research the specs for something that's been out for months?

The bottom line is either Phandroid is wrong or LG lied at the initial press conference and the FCC gave out bogus accreditation.

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
Are the features of what wifi can do really all that important? I understand it's a feature that should be included especially if it was advertized by LG. But for what it does, how often will it be used?

rwischer

Jan 5, 2012
Are the features of what wifi can do really all that important? I understand it's a feature that should be included especially if it was advertized by LG. But for what it does, how often will it be used?
No, I don't think it's really all that important. IMO the whole thing has blown up more because LG won't confirm or deny if WiFi is possible. As I understand it the WiFi would simply allow you to receive notifications if your phone wasn't with you. If I'm wearing the watch my phone is with me so it's really a moot feature to me. I just contacted LGUS because of all the hoopla I read and was curious. The fact that they gave me the runaround just has me all the more curious now.

i_am_nameless

Apr 24, 2015
Maybe the guy from LG Germany can tell us more soon....

Attachments

• waiting.PNG
    waiting.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,090

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
No, I don't think it's really all that important. IMO the whole thing has blown up more because LG won't confirm or deny if WiFi is possible. As I understand it the WiFi would simply allow you to receive notifications if your phone wasn't with you. If I'm wearing the watch my phone is with me so it's really a moot feature to me. I just contacted LGUS because of all the hoopla I read and was curious. The fact that they gave me the runaround just has me all the more curious now.

I think for some of us its a matter of principles...I will not support a company that behaves this way but I am waiting to see how it finally turns out before I make a call.

jean luc Rio

Apr 11, 2015
Saint-Nazaire
Réponse de Lg par mail 09h16

Bonjour Monsieur RIO,

Nous accusons réception de votre mail concernant la LG G Watch R.

Vous nous contactez pour savoir si ce produit disposera du Wi-Fi suite à la mise à jour de Android Wear.

Nous vous informons que la fonction Wi-Fi est integrer à la LG G Watch R, elle sera activé lors de la mise à jour de Android wear.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour toute demande complémentaire.

Nous vous prions d'agréer, Monsieur RIO, l'expression de nos salutations distinguées.

Service clients LG
3220 dites "LG" : appel gratuit depuis un poste fixe.
Ouvert du lundi au vendredi de 9h à 17h

LG vous remercie et vous invite à répondre à notre questionnaire ci-dessous. Cette enquête aura comme unique but d'améliorer le service LG. N'hésitez pas à nous faire part de vos impressions.

~

Très satisfait (++)
Satisfait (+)
Neutre
Insatisfait (-)
Très insatisfait (--)

Réponse 09h05

Bonjour Monsieur RIO,

Nous accusons réception de votre mail.

Vous nous contactez concernant le wifi suite à la mise à jour Android Wear de votre LG Watch R W110.

Nous vous informons que le wifi n’est pas disponible sur votre montre après mise à jour d’Android Wear.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour toute demande complémentaire.

Nous vous prions d'agréer, Monsieur RIO, l'expression de nos salutations distinguées.

Service clients LG
3220 dites "LG" : appel gratuit depuis un poste fixe.
Ouvert du lundi au vendredi de 9h à 17.

LG vous remercie et vous invite à répondre à notre questionnaire ci-dessous. Cette enquête aura comme unique but d'améliorer le service LG. N'hésitez pas à nous faire part de vos impressions.

~

Très satisfait (++)
Satisfait (+)
Neutre
Insatisfait (-)
Très insatisfait (--)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date de réception : 24/04/2015 15:42 38
Type de demande : Fonctionnalité de produit
Produit / modèle : Smart Phone/Emerging Device/LGW100

Bonjour,

Vous serait-il de me confirmer que la LG WATCH R est bien compatible avec la WIFI, une fois l'application wear mise à jour.
Bien cordialement

Cliquer ici si vous avez d'autres questions

si vous n'êtes pas satisfait de la réponse, merci de nous en préciser la raison:

Merci de ne pas répondre à cet e-mail. Cette adresse est uniquement dédiée à l'envoi de message.

Moi qui croyais qu'LG c'était du serieux

Reactions: kind3r

Rebel2k

May 19, 2007
Confirms once and unconfirmed it once. 1-1 still nothing reliable yet... I wish the update was out!

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
LG Europe confirmed wifi this morning (mail to Jean Luc Rio) so I do not think it answer wrong info at customers ;) So I think wifi is OK for LG-R

Top Liked Posts