• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Link2SD Error [Invalid Install Location]

Search This thread

O.C

Nov 3, 2012
Its time to use Link2SD on the Arc (Xperia Ultimate HD Rom, Locked BL), so I've partitioned my sd (Main 27.76GB fat32 and 2GB ext2).
Link2SD recognizes the partition but when I try to move facebook (and other apps like OfficeSuite,TrackID)
I always get this failure message:
pkg: /vendor/app/facebook.apk
Failure
[INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION]
Root Explorer was moved successfully but 728KB are still in phone memory (just a move to sd not link2sd)
I reformatted-repartitioned (+ext4) with the same result. Am I missing something?

michel_666

Jul 23, 2012
Odp: [Q] Link2SD Error [Invalid Install Location]

I had similar problems. The reason is /vendor partition in Arc. I think this partition cannot be mounted r/w. The best solution is to flash LT18i stock ftf. Arc S has bigger /data and /system partitions and stuff from /vendor is mostly moved there.
Other idea is to try manually move files from /vendor/app to /data/app using file explorer. Then reboot and then try to use Link2SD. But I remember I had problems with few apps and also it can cause some errors and missing apps.

Sent from my Jelly LT15i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Retrosid

Mar 30, 2011
Yes, before downloading a kernel if you want to use link2sd check the OP for supported ext.

michel_666

Jul 23, 2012
Odp: [Q] Link2SD Error [Invalid Install Location]

It is supported, but Link2SD has problems with apps on vendor partition. apps from /data moves to sd-ext without problems, right?

Sent from my Jelly LT15i using xda app-developers app

O.C

Nov 3, 2012
It is supported, but Link2SD has problems with apps on vendor partition. apps from /data moves to sd-ext without problems, right?

I tried a regular app (Root Explorer) and was it moved but with native apps2sd method. I get this message every time so practically link2sd isn't working at all on my device :(

pablopablo

May 4, 2012
you can not use an 2 gb ext2 partition. it must be 1024 mb or smaller. for using ext4 partitions, you have to flash a kernel that supports ext4, i think stock kernel doesn't support that.

vendor apps can be moved, i have done that hundred of times

Last edited:

O.C

Nov 3, 2012
you can not use an 2 gb ext2 partition. it must be 1024 mb or smaller. for using ext4 partitions, you have to flash a kernel that supports ext4, i think stock kernel doesn't support that.

vendor apps can be moved, i have done that hundred of times

Finally did it :)
I deleted those vendor apps with Titanium and re-installed them (became non-vendor), so link2sd could do its job and move them to my 2GB ext2 :)

andrecpedrosa

Aug 1, 2017
You don't need Titanium for that. Just open Link2Sd and convert the system app to user app by clicking on the app, then click on the three dots on the top-right corner, then select Converto to user app. After that you have to restart and then you can move to sd, or link if you want to.