[Q] Little help needed for building tethered TWRP

Search This thread

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Hi,

I am about to build a TWRP for our ZenFone2's. It manages to get started by the CWM tethered method by social-design-concepts, but problem is, that the graphics don't fix themselves as in @vampirefo 's CWM.

As this is my first time with an Intel device, I don't exactly know what to enter into my BoardConfig.mk to get the TWRP displayed properly...
    I attached a picture so you can see what the problem is...is there any lib to include or just a line in BoardConfig.mk (also attached)? Maybe someone more familiar with intel based devices will know...

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG-20150530-WA0001.jpg
      IMG-20150530-WA0001.jpg
      115.9 KB · Views: 267
    • BoardConfig.mk.txt
      1.2 KB · Views: 35

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Hi,

I already copied some stuff from there, now the phone halts at the TWRP welcome screen while still having the weird graphics :D
    Still, many thanks for pointing me to the fugu git, it should be really similar to our device normally...

mhp1995

Jan 5, 2014
    New Delhi
    Good news! The display errors were quickly fixed after insmodding tngdisp.ko...

Now the recovery doesn't find any mount point :D

As soon as the recovery works I will open a thread in the dev section :)

Cool :cool: Now we can do some real stuff on our zenfone... Btw what about the locked bootloader?? Will it create any obstacles?

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Cool :cool: Now we can do some real stuff on our zenfone... Btw what about the locked bootloader?? Will it create any obstacles?

Hi,

well, the same principle/restrictions apply as with the CWM:
    1. needs to be triggered via PC
    2. doesn't write itself permanently on any partition (which makes testing really nice :) )

Hopefully we will have working backups/restores with the recovery, as I have it configured to handle Selinux, too..

Tomorrow I will continue the troubleshooting regarding the partitions (need to convert the fstab from version 2 to v1, no big deal but I am tired now).

Cheers!

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
    Hi,

2. doesn't write itself permanently on any partition (which makes testing really nice :) )

Hopefully we will have working backups/restores with the recovery, as I have it configured to handle Selinux, too..

Tomorrow I will continue the troubleshooting regarding the partitions (need to convert the fstab from version 2 to v1, no big deal but I am tired now).

Cheers!

Keep at it you will get it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi,

I am about to build a TWRP for our ZenFone2's. It manages to get started by the CWM tethered method by social-design-concepts, but problem is, that the graphics don't fix themselves as in @vampirefo 's CWM.

As this is my first time with an Intel device, I don't exactly know what to enter into my BoardConfig.mk to get the TWRP displayed properly...
      I attached a picture so you can see what the problem is...is there any lib to include or just a line in BoardConfig.mk (also attached)? Maybe someone more familiar with intel based devices will know...

Cheers
      Good news! The display errors were quickly fixed after insmodding tngdisp.ko...

Now the recovery doesn't find any mount point :D

As soon as the recovery works I will open a thread in the dev section :)

Hi,

Cheers!
      Hi,

Cheers!

Keep at it you will get it.
      Hi,

I already copied some stuff from there, now the phone halts at the TWRP welcome screen while still having the weird graphics :D
      Still, many thanks for pointing me to the fugu git, it should be really similar to our device normally...
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone