[Q] Local.prop/build.prop question

Search This thread

HEROEVO

Jun 11, 2010
I know that local.prop is loaded after build.prop when the system is booting, however, my question stems from this

If I would put some lines from build.prop in local.prop and change them, would the changed settings take effect or would the build.prop settings overwrite the local.prop settings anyway?

For example:

build.prop

ro.sf.lcd_density = 160

local.prop

ro.sf.lcd_density = 120

When the system boots, would the density be 160 or 120?

Thanks, whoever helps on this

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Lines in the build prop that start with RO mean read only and cannot be overwritten by the local prop. You would have to edit the line in the build prop. Anything in the build prop that does not start with RO would be overwritten by local prop. For instance my local prop has the auto backlight line edited to disallow it by changing the = 1 to = 0. I also have the default brightness line to be max bright by changing that line from = 143 to = 255.

Last edited:

HEROEVO

Jun 11, 2010
Lines in the build prop that start with RO mean read only and cannot be overwritten by the local prop. You would have to edit the line in the build prop. Anything in the build prop that does not start with RO would be overwritten by local prop. For instance my local prop has the auto backlight line edited to disallow it by changing the = 1 to = 0. I also have the default brightness line to be max bright by changing that line from = 143 to = 255.

You da man Duce!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.