[Q] Lollipop or custom rom for Sony E4g?

Search This thread

Drudoo

Apr 22, 2015
(was directed to this forum from the XDA Assist)

I'm very new to Android (been using iPhone since its release) but i got a Sony Xperia E4g as a gift from my carrier and I would like to update it to Lollipop or root it and get something like MIUI on it. This that possible?
I would like to get rid of all the Xperia software and just get a clean Android install like Nexus phones have.

Reactions: ShadowElite

Vynikal

Sep 29, 2012
(was directed to this forum from the XDA Assist)

I'm very new to Android (been using iPhone since its release) but i got a Sony Xperia E4g as a gift from my carrier and I would like to update it to Lollipop or root it and get something like MIUI on it. This that possible?
I would like to get rid of all the Xperia software and just get a clean Android install like Nexus phones have.
Mediatek chipset --> no custom ROMs for you, deal with it

vinay

Oct 19, 2013
Alright, think of me as completely android noob. What are these two links about ? How do they help me with getting lollipop on my phone? I am not expecting a one click install, but please point me to a guide.

you can think of source code as a raw materiel of android kernel.
which you/someone has to compile to get a kernel which you can flash on your device.

and you can modify raw meterial to do anything you want to do with your kernel.
for example disabling system write protection (sony_ric) adding custom recovery(cwm) overclocking ,undervolting etc.

and if you get enough experience you can port lollypop or cynogenmod12 to your device.

-----------------------
developers uses source codes to develop rom,s/kernel,s

Drudoo

Apr 22, 2015
you can think of source code as a raw materiel of android kernel.
which you/someone has to compile to get a kernel which you can flash on your device.

and you can modify raw meterial to do anything you want to do with your kernel.
for example disabling system write protection (sony_ric) adding custom recovery(cwm) overclocking ,undervolting etc.

and if you get enough experience you can port lollypop or cynogenmod12 to your device.

-----------------------
developers uses source codes to develop rom,s/kernel,s

So what you are telling me is that there are no custom roms or lollipop available for my phone as we speak?

vinay

Oct 19, 2013
So what you are telling me is that there are no custom roms or lollipop available for my phone as we speak?

they are not available now but soon they will be available because source code is up.

and sony will release lollypop for e4 and e4g as they said.

Reactions: spiro205

vinay

Oct 19, 2013
:eek: Woah! That's surprising! I thought only Android One devices got MTK sources.

Btw mtk still sucks, lol :laugh:

I think mtk no longer sucks.
Mtk devices won't have source code cause most of companies that are using mtk are not releasing source code.

Like micromax never released sources.

pinoquio

Apr 11, 2014
cwm, twrp

Hi all there!
Well I got me an e4g as well and I'd spend some time working on cm. Actually I've been looking on the partition table a bit to get cwm or twrp running as a first step but I got stuck there as I could not figure out where the recovery partition resides. Therefore I'd like to know if someone already started working on that and if someone has / or knows where to get a stock rom. And as a last question has someone tried the chinaphone / MTK backup from SpaceX with e4g?
(Sorry cannot post link here :( )
Cheers
Chris

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone