[Q] Looking for storage location for HTC Notes app

Search This thread

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Hi,

I used the HTC Notes app to record a meeting today and would like to save it on my computer. But I can't find where Notes save the voice recoding on the SD card.

Can somebody please help me out.

Many thanks

mr.dj26

Oct 31, 2010

im not sure if the recording works but i sync my HTC notes with evernote and al my notes are on the pc automatically. :D

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
I flashed a new ROM without backup the stock Note app, now the Note app on the new ROM does not show my old recording. :(

Can someone please give me some clue on where the video recording might be located, or the what the extension for Note recoding is?

Many thanks

ajmccluskey

May 15, 2014
I recently ran into this problem on my HTC One XL: I flashed a new ROM and realised my girlfriend had recently added notes that we needed. I found them on the sdcard partition under .data/HtcNotes. Given I'm running a non-standard ROM I could just mount my phone as a mass storage device and browse to the folder. If you want to look at them on your phone, then you can do that too using the ES File Explorer app (I have no affiliation with them, I just know that it works) after enabling hidden folders in the settings.

FYI, this directory seems to contain a hidden directory for each note, and each directory contains (possibly among other things) a content.html file that has the textual contents of your note saved as HTML. I'm guessing that other media types would be saved within these directories, but I don't have any to test with.

Last edited: