[Q] Lower dpi

Search This thread

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com
Been trying lowering the dpi with Froyo roms around here for DHD (with sens or without) and the result is the same.. icons and apps are not made for lower dpi than 240 (DHD stock)

Cyanogen works great at 180 (excellent number for my choice), but the battery and speed doesn't come close to for example LeeDroid ROMs or robocik's ROMs with custom kernels..

Any solution for using lower dpi with those ROMs?
Please don't start asking why do I want to lower the dpi.. I just want to get some extra space and hate big fonts and big icons!

If anyone wants to try different dpi just use root explorer, go to system folder and there is a file called build.prop -> open it in editor, change the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=240" to =180 , save and exit and restart your phone..

you can try 220, 200 offcourse..

Reactions: hohinder

hohinder

Aug 29, 2011
and no one came up with an answer for this? :confused:

Been trying lowering the dpi with Froyo roms around here for DHD (with sens or without) and the result is the same.. icons and apps are not made for lower dpi than 240 (DHD stock)

Cyanogen works great at 180 (excellent number for my choice), but the battery and speed doesn't come close to for example LeeDroid ROMs or robocik's ROMs with custom kernels..

Please don't start asking why do I want to lower the dpi.. I just want to get some extra space and hate big fonts and big icons!

If anyone wants to try different dpi just use root explorer, go to system folder and there is a file called build.prop -> open it in editor, change the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=240" to =180 , save and exit and restart your phone..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone