[Q] Lumia 920 Pentaband?

Search This thread
I'm confused in regards to conflicting information in regards to whether the 920 will run on both AT&T and T-Mobile's HSPA networks. I keep reading the phone is a pentaband and will run on both networks once the device is subsidy unlocked. Do we know for a fact that is the case? Finally, is what makes the Developer's Edition different the fact that it comes already factory subsidy unlocked to start with?

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
The ATT version of the Lumia 920, is not pentaband, the Rogers Canadian version IS though, it's pentaband for 3g and LTE, I can confirm as im currently running one on T-mobile and getting LTE and 4g HSPA

dumeister

Apr 4, 2011
I'm confused in regards to conflicting information in regards to whether the 920 will run on both AT&T and T-Mobile's HSPA networks. I keep reading the phone is a pentaband and will run on both networks once the device is subsidy unlocked. Do we know for a fact that is the case? Finally, is what makes the Developer's Edition different the fact that it comes already factory subsidy unlocked to start with?

I have the at&t version of the 920, unlocked through their web request page. I'm not sure if it will answer your question, but in the Oklahoma City metro area where t-mobile has rolled out LTE, I get LTE and fall back on either 4G or edge. It usually stays in LTE unless I'm deep inside a building. Speeds are very nice at 15-20 down, 5-15 up.

The ATT version of the Lumia 920, is not pentaband, the Rogers Canadian version IS though, it's pentaband for 3g and LTE, I can confirm as im currently running one on T-mobile and getting LTE and 4g HSPA

I went to Canadagsm.ca and pulled up their Nokia phones and right out of the blocks the first phone pictured is the Lumia 920 "Pentaband" Unlocked for C$399 and the Rogers locked for C$375. But if the AT&T version is unlocked is it pentaband too?

I have the at&t version of the 920, unlocked through their web request page. I'm not sure if it will answer your question, but in the Oklahoma City metro area where t-mobile has rolled out LTE, I get LTE and fall back on either 4G or edge. It usually stays in LTE unless I'm deep inside a building. Speeds are very nice at 15-20 down, 5-15 up.

I'm trying to get a definitive answer in regards to whether if the 920 is unlocked it is in fact pentaband. I don't expect an AT&T subsidy locked 920 to be pentaband. Where we live we will never have 4G LTE but recently AT&T did upgrade PCS1900 from 2G to 3G HSPA+ and we also use Straight Talk which even if we had 4G LTE; 3G HSPA+ is all we'll get anyway. I do appreciate the reply; thank you!