[Q] LumiRead and screen timeout

Search This thread

tariche

Dec 29, 2008
Tuzla
It is very annoying to tap screen every 2 mins, my screen timeout, when reading book. I usually end up flipping page or activating toolbar which cut off first and last 2 lines on page/s.
Is there any solution to this?

Lorthirk

Jan 10, 2005
Udine
It is very annoying to tap screen every 2 mins, my screen timeout, when reading book. I usually end up flipping page or activating toolbar which cut off first and last 2 lines on page/s.
Is there any solution to this?

I bought Tasker on the market, and created a profile that starts and ends with LumiRead and sets the timeout to "never"

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire usando Tapatalk

entropy.of.avarice

Apr 29, 2010
St. Louis
well

Lumiread should not time out screen on it's own - have you gone into the a500 system settings and increased the default time out to something over two mins? Would imagine this would help.

I do a lot of reading on my a500 - and Lumiread has never cut it to me. Try aldiko, free via the market - IMHO it makes lumiread look pretty bad.

tariche

Dec 29, 2008
Tuzla
Well, tried changing timeout in screen settings and the same thing happened. It did not timeout on its own but in time specified in settings.
Since I hate having two apps for same thing I was reluctant installing aldiko. Anyway, I tried it and the same thing happened, only this time display did not dim before turning off and after turning it on it was not locked (strange).

So, I create new profile (manually) by increasing timeout before I start reading; 10 mins would be enough time for me to read two pages before display turns off, and as my reading skills progress I might reduce it to 5mins as more permanent solution :p.

Than you for suggestions.