[Q] M8 native Music App & Gallery

Search This thread

williamtavares

Jan 23, 2013
São Paulo
Hello everyone, i'm about to buy a HTC one M8.
I'm an assumed audiophile and i have some questions about the M8 stock music player.
Visually it is gorgeous, however i heard it doesn't have an equalizer, is that true?!
Another thing, it displays the embed music's artwort or the ".Folder" file? Also, it reads music on SD card?
And, the stock gallery app plays animated .gifs like Samsung's or Quickpic?
Thanks in advance. :good:

Last edited:

williamtavares

Jan 23, 2013
São Paulo
Hello everyone, i'm about to buy a HTC one M8.
I'm an assumed audiophile and i have some questions about the M8 stock music player.
Visually it is gorgeous, however i heard it doesn't have an equalizer, is that true?!
Another thing, it displays the embed music's artwort or the ".Folder" file? Also, it reads music on SD card?
And, the stock gallery app plays animated .gifs like Samsung's or Quickpic?
Thanks in advance. :good:

Bump, i really need to know.

ryanjsoo

Dec 25, 2011
Sydney
No equalizer, but plays many formats, most audiophiles use poweramp anyway but the stock htc player has a more convenient ui so its personal preference, I find myself not needing an eq, if you want both, use v4a which will give you a system wide eq then you can use this in conjunction with the htc music app. Shows album art in jpg form (png tends not to show) or embedded in music file. No gif support. Reads off sd fine. Otherwise, the m8 has really great headphone out and pretty much sounds like a good dac paired with a fiio e6 in both power (a lot!), signature (lush, detailed but generally a tad on the warmer side, flash project era for much improved clarity and more balanced sound) and hiss (unfortunately not a black noise floor but still really low, noticeable on se535 but no ie800, again improved with project era).

Reactions: williamtavares

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No equalizer, but plays many formats, most audiophiles use poweramp anyway but the stock htc player has a more convenient ui so its personal preference, I find myself not needing an eq, if you want both, use v4a which will give you a system wide eq then you can use this in conjunction with the htc music app. Shows album art in jpg form (png tends not to show) or embedded in music file. No gif support. Reads off sd fine. Otherwise, the m8 has really great headphone out and pretty much sounds like a good dac paired with a fiio e6 in both power (a lot!), signature (lush, detailed but generally a tad on the warmer side, flash project era for much improved clarity and more balanced sound) and hiss (unfortunately not a black noise floor but still really low, noticeable on se535 but no ie800, again improved with project era).