[Q] Magnetic and Orientation sensors not working on MTK6577

Search This thread

wensharn

May 5, 2010
Any idea how to make the following phone's magnetic and orientation sensor working? Both of these sensors are not working on my phone (verified by many apps such as Z-deviceTest, AndroSensor and Android Sensor Box).

Various applications have shown that this phone has 5 sensors :
- yamaha530 Orientation Sensor : 0.25 mA by Aichi Steel
- yamaha530 3-axis Magnetic Field Sensor :0.25 mA by Aichi Steel
- bma222 3-axis Accelerometer : 0.13 mA by The Android Open Source Project
- tmd2771 Proximity Sensor : 0.13 mA by Capella
- tmd2771 Light Sensor : 0.13 mA by Capella

Phone name : Clone Samsung Galaxy III S9300
Manufacturer : alps
Model: e1901_v77_jbl1_9p017
CPU: MTK6577 Dual Core 1.0GHz
Android version : 4.1.1
Baseband version : MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V15,2012/10/08 20:09
Kernel version : 3.4.0 (root @ abc-desktop) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 12 18:32:14 CST 2012
Build Number : e1901_v77_jbl1_9p017_20121105

Perhaps there is new ROM or kernal that can handle the sensors better? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Last edited:

greatanjum

Nov 14, 2012
Karachi
Magnetic and Orientation Sensor Not Working on MTK6575

Same is the problem with my MTK6575 Phone,
The presence of sensor is confirmed by apps but the sensor do not sending any events. My Phone is Qmobile A6,
With Sensor BMM050 (Magnetic) From Boch.

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
The presence of sensor is confirmed by apps but the sensor do not sending any events. My Phone is Qmobile A6,
If you solved your problem then please share with me. same problem persisting with my mobile also.

khankll

Dec 17, 2010
count me in ..
i also have mt6575 clone galaxy s3 .. and zdevice shows readings .. but compass is not working ..

also i have damn poor gps signal.,...

Azzazel69

Aug 23, 2010
Same issue here i have a n9330+ ulefone and my yamaha 530 orientation sensor is not working, my screen doesn´t flips ¿someone has an idea about if it could be a hardware or a software failiure? and it its a hardware failiure can someoen tellme where to buy a new yamaha530 orientation sensor? i´ve been searchig trough google but i had no luck

[email protected]

Last edited:

milindlokde

Mar 6, 2010
Ambernath
I ball andi 4.5h got same problem

Even I have got same problem with my MTK6577 phone "Iball andi 4.5h". Magnetic and orientation sensor "mmc328xma" are shown by apps but are not working.

D

dotSMJ

Same Problem With My Symphony Xplorer W71

I am fetching same problem with my W71 powered by mt6577 originally made by alps but rebranded by symphony in Bangladesh. I gave it to customer care to resolve the problem. Even they replaced the board still not working. I think it may be caused by either for firmware (ROM, Kernel) problem or the physical sensors are not present in the device.
More specifically the orientation sensor isn't a physical sensor, it is directly depended with the magnetic field sensor. So I think problem is only with the magnetic field sensor.
As they are all china devices, I am a bit doubtful about there hardware. But It may be fixed by upgrading firmware.
Is there any JellyBean 4.2 ROM working properly for mt6577?

neol

Jun 11, 2011
thanks for the link @george_sh
I tried the memsicd on a non-rooted phone, compass doesn't work. :(

Can someone try running the memsicd on a rooted phone and check if compass/magnetic sensor is working or not ? also probably try using a different memsicd version provided you know how to do it. If it works I guess this would work for most phones.

george_sh

Oct 26, 2005
Ulyanovsk
thanks for the link @george_sh
I tried the memsicd on a non-rooted phone, compass doesn't work. :(

Can someone try running the memsicd on a rooted phone and check if compass/magnetic sensor is working or not ? also probably try using a different memsicd version provided you know how to do it. If it works I guess this would work for most phones.

No, not only that. Memsicd is just a driver for a certain sensor made by Memsic. You should try running other magnetic sensor drivers like bmm050d, akmd8963, akmd8975, ami304d, bmm050d, memsicd3416x from the terminal window (under superUser), one by one. If any of them works it'll work until a reboot.
In case of Vowney V5 looks like it actually has a Memsic sensor, unlike declared by the manufacturer (Bosch BMM050). That's why the file Memsicd partially works. Try all of them if you have them in your root/system/bin/ folder.

Last edited: