[Q] makign an app to put a specific file in a specific folder

Search This thread

NSCoyote

Jun 19, 2011
if this is in the wrong place mods i am sorry so feel free to move to the right place at your discretion as i am not sure where this question would go.

is there an easy to understand way to make an app that would install 1 specific file to a specific folder on the system (/data/local). im no coder so i have no idea how to do this but i want to make an app that is simple and basic so that when a user opens the app it's only function is to install a certain file into the /data/local folder

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Couldn't you just use Root Explorer to do this? I would think there would be a way to do this with Tasker, but I'm not really familiar with the app. I tried out the trial (available on the Tasker website) and learned a little about how to work it, but ultimately realized that there wasn't much that I'd use it for.

I'm sure if you gave your intentions - what file for what reasons, etc - you'd be more likely to get a solution.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

NSCoyote

Jun 19, 2011
i use root explorer for my own phones but i create custom boot animations and i am lookign for a way to make an App that would include (X) bootanimation, and upon downloading/installing it he app would automaticly install the bootanimation.zip file that its bundled with into the users /data/local folder, as some people dont have the tools or abilitys/familierty with the there phone to move the bootanimation to where it needs to be to actually work.

Last edited: