[Q] Market on CM7.1

Search This thread

vesati

Mar 30, 2006
www.vesati.com
I've been having this problem for the last few weeks now on my Nook Color. I'm running rooted, with CM7.1 installed to the internal memory. Things have been good for a long time now, but in the last few weeks, when I download and install something from the Market app, it will get to "Installing", and the device will just freeze. It will take a cold restart to bring it out of it.

In order to use the Market app at all after that, I have to uninstall any Market updates, but then after the next time after using the Market app, the whole thing starts again.

I'm at a loss for what to do. Any ideas? Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

noblek

Dec 21, 2010
I've been having this problem for the last few weeks now on my Nook Color. I'm running rooted, with CM7.1 installed to the internal memory. Things have been good for a long time now, but in the last few weeks, when I download and install something from the Market app, it will get to "Installing", and the device will just freeze. It will take a cold restart to bring it out of it.

In order to use the Market app at all after that, I have to uninstall any Market updates, but then after the next time after using the Market app, the whole thing starts again.

I'm at a loss for what to do. Any ideas? Is anyone else having this issue?

Which version of CM7.1 are you using?

I do not have much experience on the emmc side, but I discovered that the 1.4.1 stock update helped performance on the SD install of CM 7.1 Stable. I believe something was fixed with the wifi on the firmware there, so it carries over when CM7.1 on the SD is accessing the hardware.

I kept getting all kinds of freezes when wifi was active, and never for the same thing twice. Sometimes it was the Market, other times it was Facebook / Twitter / Pulse updating feeds. As painful as it is, I would try to go stock, and update through 1.4.1, then go back to CM7.1. Be sure to back things up first using Titanium Backup, or similar methods.

I know my issues were on the SD side, but I hope this helps, or at least provides some insight!