• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Mi Max SIM Tray

Search This thread

Jay_B

Feb 5, 2012
Hi Guys,

I broke my SIM Tray the other day :crying: I live in Indian and looking for a Mi Max Golden color Sim Tray. Have already ordered on Ali Exp. however it takes really long to get an item from Ali to India, almost a month.

I have visited all the service centers in the city I live in and a couple of other citites nearby however no luck, unable to find it on eBay or any other online retailer I know of in India.

If anyone has any suggesitons please do let me know, if you know any site from where I can get it faster then Ali or any offline mode I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Jay_B

Feb 5, 2012
No other option apart from waiting, Not available in India. Just curious How did your Sim tray broke?

Tried Dual Sim and Memory card Mod. Worked on Vodafone and Airtel setup so next tried Jio and Vodafone, was too eager and didn't check the size of Sim and Memory card and inserted it with pressure. Bingo! Sim Tray stuk and had to take it to service center to get removed.

But the Mod works so will try again. ;)

Reactions: paarkhi

paarkhi

Jan 12, 2011
Tried Dual Sim and Memory card Mod. Worked on Vodafone and Airtel setup so next tried Jio and Vodafone, was too eager and didn't check the size of Sim and Memory card and inserted it with pressure. Bingo! Sim Tray stuk and had to take it to service center to get removed.

I was thinking the same reason else there's no reason to break the sim tray, I've also tried the same mod and wasted a Jio sim, the tray was stuck, so rubbed the Jio Sim on a sandpaper (emerypaper) and the circuits broke. Well glad that you tried and were successful.:good:

Jay_B

Feb 5, 2012
Got the tray... Now have 2 Sims and a memory card working... [emoji2]
474450e5eea8ed6b9b1218e3bcc2a17e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: davidbhwong69

paarkhi

Jan 12, 2011
I saw many videos on youtube and I have already separated the plastic from the sim tray but can you please help me with the mod by answering some questions.
1. Did you remove any glue from the back of the sim?
2. Did you grind the microsd card?
3. How did you paste the sim to the microsd?
Thanks

Last edited:

natarau

Apr 15, 2010
Bucharest
If the sim has a lot of glue, like a bump, you have to remove it. It slides hard enough with the sim chip clear. On some sims, after you heat them under a flame, they come off clear, on others with that big glue bump.

Sent from my Mi Max PRO

Jay_B

Feb 5, 2012
I saw many videos on youtube and I have already separated the plastic from the sim tray but can you please help me with the mod by answering some questions.
Thanks

I dipped the Jio SIM in thinner which women use to remove nail polish for almost and hour.
After that used a switch blade to slightly remove the golden pins of the sim again dipped the sim in thinner so that it enter the golden pin part of the sim and with in a min bingo the golden pins removed from sim and its still usable.
Used Vernier caliper to checking the sim+micro sd card size.
Brushed the SD card slightly and brushed the golden pin of sim till it was slightly showing copper color. the size is appx 1.14 mm (Checked with Vernier caliper.

These are the steps hope it is helpful to you.

abeblackmamba

Dec 26, 2013
Sim Tray Stuck

Hi,

I tried to use double sim and memory idea that I watched from youtube for mi max. :crying::crying:
But now my sim tray even cannot be load out from the phone. I tried to pushed harder and it only bended my sim ejector.
Can you help me please with how to push the sim tray out of the phone since now I can only use one sim card (2nd sim). The 1st nano sim and memory cannot be read and also the tray now stucked on the phone.

Thanks
Regards

oatcooky

Mar 17, 2013
I had no problem doing this mod on the Redmi Note 3 because the sim tray is deep. The Mi Max tray is a lot thinner so it's easy to get the SIM card jammed against the pins. I haven't tried this mod because I don't want to take the phone apart...

Jay_B

Feb 5, 2012
Hi,

I tried to use double sim and memory idea that I watched from youtube for mi max. :crying::crying:
But now my sim tray even cannot be load out from the phone. I tried to pushed harder and it only bended my sim ejector.
Can you help me please with how to push the sim tray out of the phone since now I can only use one sim card (2nd sim). The 1st nano sim and memory cannot be read and also the tray now stucked on the phone.

Thanks
Regards
U need to open the phone or take it to a service centre if u can't do it. If the SIM tray is stuck u can't get it out urself directly and u might damage the golden contact pins instead inside the phone.

Sent from my MI MAX using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

I dipped the Jio SIM in thinner which women use to remove nail polish for almost and hour.
    After that used a switch blade to slightly remove the golden pins of the sim again dipped the sim in thinner so that it enter the golden pin part of the sim and with in a min bingo the golden pins removed from sim and its still usable.
    Used Vernier caliper to checking the sim+micro sd card size.
    Brushed the SD card slightly and brushed the golden pin of sim till it was slightly showing copper color. the size is appx 1.14 mm (Checked with Vernier caliper.

These are the steps hope it is helpful to you.
    No other option apart from waiting, Not available in India. Just curious How did your Sim tray broke?