• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Micro Usb to Hdmi on Note 8

Search This thread

Mick23

Dec 19, 2012
Niagara
Hi everyone, just wondering if anybody has found a usb to hdmi cable/adapter that works with the note 8. I want to be able to connect it to my tv to watch movies. I tried connecting my Samsung phone usb to my note and it isn't a good fit. Is the micro port on the note 8 different than a standard micro usb? Thanks for your help. Not sure if it matters, but I am in Canada.

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
Hi everyone, just wondering if anybody has found a usb to hdmi cable/adapter that works with the note 8. I want to be able to connect it to my tv to watch movies. I tried connecting my Samsung phone usb to my note and it isn't a good fit. Is the micro port on the note 8 different than a standard micro usb? Thanks for your help. Not sure if it matters, but I am in Canada.

The Note 2 Galaxy S3 and after use a 11 pin adaptor. Those work with the Note 8 ( I have one). You can buy a 5 to 11 pin Micro usb adaptor on Amazon.

archie_658

Jul 2, 2007
Today I found a new type adapter by Samsung in a store: White, rated 1080p 60 fps. It has the longer, 11 pins connector. I think it is a proprietary one, based on micro USB. The black HDTV adapter for the SIII uses the same connector. That one has no rating on the box, so I guess that one is only 720p. Both are recognised by my Note 8.0 (it beeps). But I haven't had the chance yet to test them on an actual TV set.