• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Milestone 2 Source Code

Search This thread

migof

May 18, 2010
Quilmes
First sorry, this is a google translation :p

I was surprised and I hope I'm not wrong ..... perhaps this link is the source code of the Milestone 2?

sourceforge.net/projects/milestone.motorola/files/Milestone%202%20Latam/3.12.0/

And there is the kernel within those files

sourceforge.net/projects/milestone.motorola/files/Milestone%202%20Latam/3.12.0/kernel.tar.gz/download

We can use this to get cm7 and MIUI fully functional?

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
I think that with the locked boot loader, no.

But as for "fully functional" versions. Well MIUI for ms2 seemed nearly perfect, nearly no bugs. Yet official samsung galaxy s2 MIUI is fully of force closes and some random things I could not get to work.

Are we really missing out on anything? If something is missing, fair enough, but from my experience, the ms2 miui is much more stable than sgs2 official miui.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main thing affecting is not being able to use custom kernels?
Sent from my A953 using xda premium

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Motorola releases all the source codes for their Android phones, but the biggest problem is that we have not much use for the sources, except from compiling kernel modules and other minor stuff. All because of the locked bootloader...

Sent from my Milestone 2 XDA App

Emacore

Mar 6, 2011
Salta
Motorola releases all the source codes for their Android phones, but the biggest problem is that we have not much use for the sources, except from compiling kernel modules and other minor stuff. All because of the locked bootloader...

Please, verify:

sourceforge.net/projects/milestone.motorola/files/Milestone%202%20Latam/3.12.0/

Mats01

Sep 12, 2011
Buenos Aires

but we could use this code to compile libraries, and get 720p video recording to work, for example. Am I wrong?