[Q] Missing Apps in Nookie Froyo

Search This thread

Greg4cr

Feb 19, 2011
I just installed Nookie Froyo to the eMMC. Works amazingly, and I've got Marketplace working.

However, a bunch of the apps that I'm searching for are missing from the marketplace. Stuff like Twitter and Dolphin HD. How can I fix this?

hootyburra

Mar 3, 2011
i have also noticed this running other versions. I switched to froyo for hopes of having youtube but that won't work. I can't even get marketplace to work... I tried installing it from a google link but got an error that i could only install ... tired and can't remember. Could you share how you got marketplace to work? i dont even have it as an option in my apps

sc37

Feb 20, 2011
I just installed Nookie Froyo to the eMMC. Works amazingly, and I've got Marketplace working.

However, a bunch of the apps that I'm searching for are missing from the marketplace. Stuff like Twitter and Dolphin HD. How can I fix this?

Clear the Google Framework data and Market cache. Then reboot. It is under settings, view all apps.

pwlorraine

Feb 27, 2011
Clear the Google Framework data and Market cache. Then reboot. It is under settings, view all apps.

I worked through this earlier tonight. If you have marketplace working, download market enabler - which lets you "spoof" a carrier. Follow the instructions above and after rebooting but before running market, run market enabler and select US TMobile as a profile. When you run marketplace, you will see the missing apps like google maps, weather channel, etc. This is discussed in more depth in the ROM thread.

Peter

Reactions: Greg4cr

Greg4cr

Feb 19, 2011
I worked through this earlier tonight. If you have marketplace working, download market enabler - which lets you "spoof" a carrier. Follow the instructions above and after rebooting but before running market, run market enabler and select US TMobile as a profile. When you run marketplace, you will see the missing apps like google maps, weather channel, etc. This is discussed in more depth in the ROM thread.

Peter

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

evilPERSOn2009

Feb 18, 2011
Youtube won't work without the YouTube app since youtube is on flash 10.2 and were stuck with 10.1 for now.

Ualdayan

Sep 21, 2007

Peter

Hmm, I've tried clearing the data and force stopping the framework and market, I've tried clearing the data and not force stopping (like earlier in this thread), after each reboot I run the market enabler, long press on Tmobile, it says it set it, I open up market and the apps are still missing.

Romp

May 13, 2006
Hmm, I've tried clearing the data and force stopping the framework and market, I've tried clearing the data and not force stopping (like earlier in this thread), after each reboot I run the market enabler, long press on Tmobile, it says it set it, I open up market and the apps are still missing.

I have the same issue and tried the same things. Everything works great except the missing apps.

Any ideas?

bugggie1

Mar 4, 2011
I'm still running into this issue as well. I tried setting it to Tmobile after clearing the data as well as the cache and rebooting. Setting it to Verizon doesn't seem to be working either.

jaysckap

Sep 21, 2010
One option is to use titanium take the apps from your tb forder on your phone and copy them to the tb folder on your nooks sd there are three files for each app. The just restore the them

HTC Incredible OMFGB 2.3.2

pwlorraine

Feb 27, 2011
I'm still running into this issue as well. I tried setting it to Tmobile after clearing the data as well as the cache and rebooting. Setting it to Verizon doesn't seem to be working either.

I'm not sure if this is the issue but I seem to remember that you don't want to clear the data for the market application - just the cache. And clear the data (and not the cache) for the framework.

This is discussed in the developer forum for this ROM - I'm not sure if everyone has this problem or even if this is a fix for everyone. I saw the symptoms described here and had good luck with following what was in post 492 here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=938200&page=50

Peter

azshorty2003

Mar 7, 2011
ill have to give market enabler a shot then. only thing i cant find is google maps. i can live that if thats all thats missing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Peter