[Q] Missing program icons

Search This thread

mcklane1

Dec 15, 2007
London
Hi,
I am on orange UK Wm6.5, I have installed few programs on the micro-SD card, however their icons are white in the start menu program list. I tried formatting the card and reinstalling the programs, however after a soft reset the problem is back again. :mad:
Has anybody encountered the same issue or is it just my device?

Many thanks

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield
Hi,

My device has the same thing occur, in fact i have seen this on previous WinMo devices ive owned.

There's an app called REstart in this thread that allows you to change the icons of all items in the start menu - this seems to work ok for me :)

I also recommend grabbing Awesome Start from Here

Also grab the JSPA'sProgram manager from that Thread.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Paul

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield
Hi All,

I've just found out how to manually change the icon's for all start menu items the tool i linked earlier works but was unable to change the Today icon, this method allows even this to be changed.

Go here in the Registry and each start menu item will be listed, each one should have an icon key that just needs a path to a new .png icon :)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\

Enjoy :)

Here's a link to the info i found :- http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wi...using-custom-icons-in-windows-mobile-6-5.aspx

Cheers
Paul

mcklane1

Dec 15, 2007
London
Thanks Paul for your help, I will try that.
It must be a software bug as this never occurred to me before with other WM devices.
Cheers, M

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield
Im not too sure - i do remember similar things happening with my HTC diamond though :) But these solutions do work! It was something that was really beginning to bug me too.

Glad i could help!