• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[Q] Missing YouTube on my new Xoom

EL_G15

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
I picked up my xoom earlier tonight and have been playing with it but I cant seem to find the YouTube app. It says it is installed when I go in settings, but it doesn't show up in the app list. Am i alone on this one?
thanks!

dreys

Aug 26, 2010
Make sure you click "All" in apps (upper left corner).

If you're in "My Apps", you won't see YouTube, as well as many other apps that are pre-installed.

EL_G15

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
Make sure you click "All" in apps (upper left corner).

If you're in "My Apps", you won't see YouTube, as well as many other apps that are pre-installed.
I'm also missing "Books"

When i click "All" the apps are not there

Also

When i click the
Books" icon it says "Application is not installed"

So i went to Settings | Applications |Manage applications |All

Books has 0.00B

Youtube 8.00KB

i factory reset about 3 times... 1st 2 becasue i was under impression that my google settings were syncing and try to download that apps from my phone to my xoom.

3rd time i didnt use a google account and still happening....

Last edited:

rachelleroy

Apr 6, 2011
I picked up my xoom earlier tonight and have been playing with it but I cant seem to find the YouTube app. It says it is installed when I go in settings, but it doesn't show up in the app list. Am i alone on this one?
thanks!
same with my new xoom... i cannot find youtube.

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Ive also noticed I can't see apps for tablets in the android market. Anyone worked this one out yet?
Did you buy your Xoom from UK? I bought mine from US and I also don't see featured apps for tablets.

About Youtube, it didn't show up under the apps for me too at first, but when I connected to internet and added a google account it magically appeared. It still shows only 8kb in system settings, so this is normal.

MeO'my

Mar 25, 2011
NJ
Missing YouTube Also

I had to exchange for a new Xoom yesterday. I bought it from Costco and cannot get the YouTube app to download. It shows that it is in my system, but it isn't under the apps.
The YouTube app did work on the original Xoom I had, but I can't get it to work on this one. I'm on my 3rd factory reset. :(

Side note, my 'Books' don't work either...like EL_G15, it says 'Application is not Installed'

V

vizir

They're not missing. They're corrupted. If you go to manage apps you'll see that they'll show 0kb size. Not sure what else we tried but I know specifically that after I rooted mine the youtube and books app were at 0kb. Factory reset fixed it.

MeO'my

Mar 25, 2011
NJ
Just to add - I just did a Factory reset on a Xoom that the YouTube app worked properly, now it has the same problem as my new one.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Just in the park at the mo ill get back to you with details when I'm at a PC. If you do a quick search though, its an invaluable logging tool for android. Useful for finding problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone