• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Moto X 2014 in China

Search This thread

misteral1970

May 3, 2010
Sincere apologies if this has been asked and answered already, please pop a link to the relevant thread and I'll bother ye no longer!

So here I am in China, with my GNex bravely soldiering on and they are about to release the Moto X 2014 into China.
Trouble is, no gapps and no Google account (standard on Chinese Androids)

My question is, do you think I'll be able to root the phone using existing techniques for the US/International Moto X?
The radio fw may well be different, so I don't think I can just flash a complete ROM - all I want to do is root and install gapps (and maybe have the option to un-root for updates later down the line.....)

What do you guys think? Difficult to answer without the phone in the wild, I know. Just looking for some guidance and hopefully encouragement before putting down cash on a phone that I potentially cannot bend to my will.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice you can impart!

hohinder

Aug 29, 2011
OnePlus 7
Received my Moto X today. Came here looking for something helpful. I think we have to wait for a while.

Sincere apologies if this has been asked and answered already, please pop a link to the relevant thread and I'll bother ye no longer!

So here I am in China, with my GNex bravely soldiering on and they are about to release the Moto X 2014 into China.
Trouble is, no gapps and no Google account (standard on Chinese Androids)

My question is, do you think I'll be able to root the phone using existing techniques for the US/International Moto X?
The radio fw may well be different, so I don't think I can just flash a complete ROM - all I want to do is root and install gapps (and maybe have the option to un-root for updates later down the line.....)

What do you guys think? Difficult to answer without the phone in the wild, I know. Just looking for some guidance and hopefully encouragement before putting down cash on a phone that I potentially cannot bend to my will.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice you can impart!

Fanbinyan

Feb 6, 2015
Solutions found on the net. Two options:
  • Unlock boot loader and flash Gapps as a recovery. (Google "国行Moto X(XT1085)解锁BL刷谷歌服务教程")
  • Unlock boot loader and flash a root recovery. (Google "Moto x root")
(Sorry for no url. Forbidden)
I tried them a week ago and both worked for me.
(Moto X XT1085)

Reactions: misteral1970

misteral1970

May 3, 2010
  • Unlock boot loader and flash Gapps as a recovery. (Google "国行Moto X(XT1085)解锁BL刷谷歌服务教程")
(Moto X XT1085)

Fantastic news, thanks so much for the advice, confirmation and search hints!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Moto X XT1085)