[Q]Moving the HTC Album cache to storage card?

Search This thread

gargon01

Nov 12, 2009
As I stated at page 6 this modified files are only suited for shipped ROM versions 1.43 and 1.48. Probably all cooked ROMs use newer manilla files. And that's your problem right there.

However, I made a generic patcher. The only thing thing that's holding me back posting it is this. It is possible to copy HTCAlbum.exe from your device to your PC in order to patch it. On the other hand there is no easy way to copy CameraAlbumService.dll from your device. This means you have to know which version of CameraAlbumService.dll is in the ROM you are using and fetch it somewhere.

My prediction is that this hurdle will be to big and lead to problems. So no generic patch for now.

No problem. I didn't know it was for official roms only so that's fine. It's a shame though as I loved the cab and have used it since you made it. If you explain how I should get the info that you want from my rom, let me know and I'll get it for you.

Thanks

4tune

Aug 31, 2007
Alkmaar
Will you be creating a cab for 1.66?

At least it's an official version, I'm sure there will be some clamouring for it.

I know I am. :D

Sure.

This is a cab based on the files (HTCAlbum.exe and CameraAlbumService.dll) found in ROM version 1.66.707.1. Please test this one, I didn't cause I do not have ROM 1.66 on my device yet.

Install the attached cab. It will change the directory of your album cache to: "\Storage Card\My Documents\HTCA\Cache". You will be prompted for a soft reset.

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Sure.

This is a cab based on the files (HTCAlbum.exe and CameraAlbumService.dll) found in ROM version 1.66.707.1. Please test this one, I didn't cause I do not have ROM 1.66 on my device yet.

Install the attached cab. It will change the directory of your album cache to: "\Storage Card\My Documents\HTCA\Cache". You will be prompted for a soft reset.

Thanks! Tried and tested working on 1.66.707.1 SEA firmware....No need for sdkcert. :D

adad

Nov 17, 2004
For Opera, it's not too hard.

Open Opera, and type "opera:config" in the address bar.
You'll then be in the config page, find the section "User Prefs".

In there, you should find something called "Cache Directory4". Just change that path to any directory in your storage card (for example : "\Storage Card\OperaCache").

Cheesy Dave : Thanks for the answer, but as johncmolyneux said, it's the cache I'd like to move to the storage card (which contains the thumbnails of your images along with other information).
The pictures are already going to the storage card. :)

Can you teach me how to do it for google map too please.

xponline

Sep 21, 2007
Newport
Had my HD2 about a week now and have noticed the slow reduction in storage. Will be trying this out. Thanks.

One question. Using TreeSize I notice there are two HTC ALBUM Cache files in the phone memory.

One under My Documents\Application Data\HTC\HTC ALBUM\Cache
One under Application Data\HTC\HTC ALBUM\Cache

(Think thats right, from memory).

So, eventually, do both of these need moving to the storage card?

Thanks.

KrewCial

Mar 31, 2008
Had my HD2 about a week now and have noticed the slow reduction in storage. Will be trying this out. Thanks.

One question. Using TreeSize I notice there are two HTC ALBUM Cache files in the phone memory.

One under My Documents\Application Data\HTC\HTC ALBUM\Cache
One under Application Data\HTC\HTC ALBUM\Cache

(Think thats right, from memory).

So, eventually, do both of these need moving to the storage card?

Thanks.

I do not have a Cache folder in My Documents, let alone an Application Data folder... :confused:

Last edited:

1IV54IV3

Jan 7, 2009
I´d also like to know how to do it for google maps. tried to install a newer google maps directly onto the sd card but it aborted with an error message -> no installation possible...

karch_xcs

Apr 12, 2007
Sure.

I have ROM 1.66 ITA, but installing this *. cab specific to that version, the PDA I create a folder in the Device\Storage Card\..., rather than going to get in "Scheda di memoria". In practice there was a translation of media including the removable memory.
How can I fix? Thanks

bjoelge

Oct 20, 2007
The story continues. I also found the file that determines the location of PG_IC_C and PG_IC_R. It’s hardcoded in the extension CameraAlbumService.dll.

The files are taken from shiped ROM: WWE_1.48.405.2

Version#
- Manila_Core = 2.5.19211619.0 (Sense)
- Album = 3.2.19203733.0 (HTCAlbum.exe)
- Manila_Photo = 2.5.19203023.0 (CameraAlbumService.dll)

Although I got it to work, I’m a bit hesitant about all this. The error HTC made is not about the location of the cache files but it is all about the maximum size. As said before, it seems unlimited. I did not do a thorough test on this cab but al seems OK at first glance.

*Note1: For this to work, SdkCerts.cab must be installed first. Most of you will already have this on the device for other purposes.

*Note2: This modified HTCAlbum.exe and CameraAlbumService.dll are only suited for the current HTC Sense version on your HD2. Future (custom) roms will need a new patched version.

Hi.
I have Norway Rom.
Is there a way to change the cab so it wil work whid "Lagringskort\My Documents\HTCA\Cache" in sted of "\Storage Card\My Documents\HTCA\Cache". Or if there is a regestry twek for this?

4tune

Aug 31, 2007
Alkmaar
"Scheda di memoria", "Lagringskort"

I just love the sound of those, but the posted cabs won't work on your domesticated ROMs. To make a patch that will work for those as well is a bit out of my league, sorry.

Hi.
I have Norway Rom.
Is there a way to change the cab so it wil work whid "Lagringskort\My Documents\HTCA\Cache" in sted of "\Storage Card\My Documents\HTCA\Cache". Or if there is a regestry twek for this?

I have ROM 1.66 ITA, but installing this *. cab specific to that version, the PDA I create a folder in the Device\Storage Card\..., rather than going to get in "Scheda di memoria". In practice there was a translation of media including the removable memory.
How can I fix? Thanks

NikosPx

Aug 27, 2008
Athens
and my storage card is:

αποθηκευτική μνήμη :D

But after the ROM Upgrade to 1.66... Before that it was "storage card"

montec

Feb 5, 2010
hi 4tune

thanks for the good work

which cabs would work on Rom 1.66.405.2 manila v 2.5.19211619 OS 5.2.21869

Last edited:

montec

Feb 5, 2010
will it work for:
HTC HD2 Rom 1.66.405.2 (76641 WWE) Radio V 2.06.51.07 Manila V 2.5.19211619.0 Protocol V 15.30.50.07U HTC MessagesV 1.5 Build 2011.2130

lee1980

Oct 19, 2008
Thats not a good solution!
All programs instaled before will lose their way.

of course not but thaty the only possible solution. either the cab need to be dynamic by detemining the name or they need to change it. ive done it this way on my 1.66 stock german rom first of all befor installing or weaking all the other stuff and it works fine....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -=At page 6 there's a new version=-

OK, it wasn't that hard to modify HTCAlbum.exe. Here it is :)
    It will change the directory of your album cache to: "\Storage Card\My Documents\HTCA\Cache"

Just install the attached cab. You will be prompted for a soft reset.

*Note1: For this to work, SdkCerts.cab must be installed first. Most of you will already have this on the device for other purposes.

*Note2: This modified HTCAlbum.exe is only suited for the current HTC Sense version on your HD2. Future (custom) roms will need a new patched version.

*Note3: The files PG_IC_C and PG_IC_R will remain on the device memory. No idea why... will look in to it.

It works for me, please feedback if everything is OK for you :D