[Q] MX Player Codec (ARMv8)

Search This thread

Isidrology

Dec 20, 2012
Figured out the issue, basically upgrading to Nougat may have caused some problems on my external SD card.
I tried different apps, and codecs nothing worked.
One thing I did try was replacing the existing files on my SD card. i.e. replacing the exact same video files again with a version I saved elsewhere, and now it works.
Maybe the upgrade to Nougat corrupted some of the files on my SD card.

Problem solved.

Reactions: Thirumalai.K

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Figured out the issue, basically upgrading to Nougat may have caused some problems on my external SD card.
One thing I did try was replacing the existing files on my SD card. i.e. replacing the exact same video files again with a version I saved elsewhere, and now it works.

Problem solved.

Did you use your external sdcard as adaptive storage?
I think, If you have used as portable storage, it's less likely to be corrupted.

Anyhow, You have found the issue yourself. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Isidrology

Dec 20, 2012
not adaptive, what I later found out (actually 5min ago) was that due to work email encrypting the SD Card, this seems to be the cause of the issue with all files on the SD Card being unreadable after a wipe. So other than this issue, I'm getting other issues such as reset of permissions for allowing and denying applications access to certain functions on the phone, this is also now fixed by replacing all files on the SD Card with the backed up version I have on my computer.

Reactions: Thirumalai.K

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe ARMv7 + Neon is basically ARMv8, not in its fullness.
    Look at the diagram here http://www.arm.com/products/processors/armv8-architecture.php

Plus ARMv8 changes doesn't bring much to multimedia features, i guess. So don't worry use ARMv7 + NEON codecs.
    а какой плеер подойдет для кодека ARMv7 + НЕОН ?
    MX Player Pro 1.8.15 (NEON) или MX Player 1.8.15 (NEON)

Problem solved.
    not adaptive, what I later found out (actually 5min ago) was that due to work email encrypting the SD Card, this seems to be the cause of the issue with all files on the SD Card being unreadable after a wipe. So other than this issue, I'm getting other issues such as reset of permissions for allowing and denying applications access to certain functions on the phone, this is also now fixed by replacing all files on the SD Card with the backed up version I have on my computer.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone