[Q] my Samsung infuse phone isnt working right and i dont now what to do...

Search This thread

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
I first got problems when I put on Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM. I then restored it to FROYO. Then i wanted to put on Infused v2.2.3 by gtg465x (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1220088) again but i then realized as i was installing zip from recovery i didn't have enough memory on my phone so it boot loaded. I used odin3 and tried to restore my phone back to original firmware and tried the odin3s listed on xda and all them arnt working on my phone correctly. It boots up and after the boot-screen the screen goes back and the buttons light up. I have been able to get it to recovery but I tried restoring it and installing zips and the same thing has happened. I dont know what to do and how to fix this problem. Can someone please help me fix this problem? :confused:

SSJ_Gomike

May 23, 2009
Miami
Even though you are trying to flash back to stock, you should still have the update.zip for clockwork recovery on your internal sd card.... Try going into recovery, find "format system" do that then go to "reboot to download" then try flashing a rom with odin again.... Seems like you have some corruption of system files, formatting system has worked for me when I think I've really f'd up....

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G - 1.6ghz

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
I just used Odin v1.81 and yes it had a pit. I tried it again and still same problem. I also just formatted my system threw recovery and put gtg465x stock ROM back on and still same problem. The buttons light up. They dont thing when I press them.

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
Put your phone into download mode and Use gtgs ultimate unbrick. Make sure you use all the included files (pit, phone and pda).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1116251

Once you do that do factory reset from INSIDE the settings page in the ROM, not from recovery. After this you can re-root, install mod3e and cwm, and install custom rom again.
I just ran "[ODIN][UCKD5] GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included" and the same thing happened. Screen just goes black. I cant get in the settings to do factory reset.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I just ran "[ODIN][UCKD5] GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included" and the same thing happened. Screen just goes black. I cant get in the settings to do factory reset.

you can factory reset with "odin one-click". this is not available for the infuse but has been leaked for he captivate and maybe other phones. if you use the captivate oneclick odin you can use the "master clear" function when the phone is on, not in download mode. DO NOT ATEMPT TO FLASH WITH ONE CLICK ODIN. ONLY USE THE MASTER CLEAR FUNCTION.

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
you can factory reset with "odin one-click". this is not available for the infuse but has been leaked for he captivate and maybe other phones. if you use the captivate oneclick odin you can use the "master clear" function when the phone is on, not in download mode. DO NOT ATEMPT TO FLASH WITH ONE CLICK ODIN. ONLY USE THE MASTER CLEAR FUNCTION.
I just tried that, I ust to have a Samsung Captivate so i had one like what your saying. When i clicked master clear it says "<ID:0/00#> Master Clear Started....." nothing else happens like it does when the captivate is being cleared.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I just tried that, I ust to have a Samsung Captivate so i had one like what your saying. When i clicked master clear it says "<ID:0/00#> Master Clear Started....." nothing else happens like it does when the captivate is being cleared.

yeah the Rom needs to be somewhat functional for that to work I guess. have you tried using heimdall to flash the unbrick instead? what operating system are you on? are you an administrator?

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
windows 7 and i am administrator. what is heimdall? idk if i have used that

its an open source alternative to odin. search Google. I prefer heimdall 1.1. the ui is self explainitory. 1.3 is more flexible and has the option to use heimdall specific packages with partition information and device compatibility checking.

you will need to extract the .tar from the unbrick. 7zip is good for that.

read the website for other needed software. it needs Samsung drivers and I think it needs .net framework 4 and something else. not sure. I don't use it in windows. I use it in linux

heimdall doesn't let you repartition without bootloaders for safety reasons. you might have better luck in odin with repartition selected. but heimdall is something else to try and isn't as spastic.

oh is win7 32bit or 64. 32bit version is more cooperative with Samsung drivers.