[Q] Need root for Asus MEMO Pad 8

Search This thread

petenatas

Aug 27, 2012
Anyone knows how to root an Asus MEMO Pad 8 ? I've tried every generic tools that I could find and none were able to push the root files to the system partition.

The SoC is an Rockchip RK3188.

Edit : Look at post #8 in this thread for a link to KingoApp Root Tool which works on Asus Memo Pad 8. Thank to chairsz for finding and trying the root for us. ;)

Last edited:

Olitheon

Dec 3, 2013
Black Friday sale? :p me too!
I am also looking to root the MeMO Pad 8. Not sure if this helps, but this is what comes up on Antutu's spec page
imgur com/UITo647
Not allowed to post links yet... lol

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside

petenatas

Aug 27, 2012
its all good now we need to find a dev to help us get a custom recovery and our own thread,
btw anyone run a antutu benchmark? im pulling 20487, ranked table showed as ranked above the nexus 10.......

Could use a custom recovery for backup...

Don't need a custom ROM though... Just install GravityBox... It works great !

tungvothien

Dec 12, 2013
i have a problem with kingo android root...it alway say not conected device...can any1 help? sorry my bad english :(
and sure i conected usb capble...usb debugging mode...why it not conect? T_T

Last edited:

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
make sure the drivers for the tablet are installed on your pc, i got it rooted with this tool and the adb drivers used were a generic rockchip 3188 driver which you can find at xda, slatedroid and many other online forum places just search rockchip adb drivers and dl and install it then open kingo and it should detect it i can link you the drivers i used a lil lata if u cant find em cause i gat a test today

tungvothien

Dec 12, 2013
other problem

thanks i rooted my memo pad ....change other PC and it ok...but i have other problem ....my memo pad OS damaged when i changed file "vold.fstab" ( system/etc) ...can't open root explore or any file manager....IU system error warning appeared all time turn on...i try hold power button + volume up and only have messeger "no command" on screen...press power button 5 more times and it restart... can any one help ? :crying:

Last edited:

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
thanks i rooted my memo pad ....change other PC and it ok...but i have other problem ....my memo pad OS damaged when i changed file "vold.fstab" ( system/etc) ...can't open root explore or any file manager....IU system error warning appeared all time turn on...i try hold power button + volume up and only have messeger "no command" on screen...press power button 5 more times and it restart... can any one help ? :crying:

if your tabby can power on and you can acess your files, back them up and just hard reset which should be in settings in the backup restore area. you would have to reroot once you power back on though I think.

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Anyone knows how to root an Asus MEMO Pad 8 ? I've tried every generic tools that I could find and none were able to push the root files to the system partition.

The SoC is an Rockchip RK3188.

Edit : Look at post #8 in this thread for a link to KingoApp Root Tool which works on Asus Memo Pad 8. Thank to chairsz for finding and trying the root for us. ;)

Why isnt there a sub-forum for this tablet? Do you know anyone building a custom rom for it and which quad core cpu is it using? I cant find no info on it

petenatas

Aug 27, 2012
What makes you believe this? Because the device is entry level and not interesting for a developer to pursue??

Yes, entry level or not interesting... And we have no idea if the bootloader is locked. Which might be a pain if we want a custom recovery.

Asus support seems unlikely either. They might just release some more entry level products with a higher Android version than upgrade the current Memo Pad lineup...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts