[Q] Need working modem for Android 4.1.2 on Romania Cosmote SGS2 GT-I9100

Search This thread

terente0081

Sep 21, 2008
Bucharest
Last night I decided to update my firmware and went for Omega 17, it's Android 4.1.2 and comes with modem XXLS6. My phone can't register on the network since! When starting it asks for the PIN and upon providing it, it asks for a SIM unlock code that I don't have. I have tried Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock from Play store but it can't find the unlock code.
The problem is that I can't remember my last modem that worked; could someone please point me towards a good working modem for I9100 on Romania's Cosmote network using Android 4.1.2?

cabbyz

Jan 6, 2013
it doesnt seem like its modem related, what you're talking about makes it sound like you have carrier locked your phone.

Did you buy it from Romania Cosmote and using it on the same network or are you on another provider?

terente0081

Sep 21, 2008
Bucharest
it doesnt seem like its modem related, what you're talking about makes it sound like you have carrier locked your phone.

Did you buy it from Romania Cosmote and using it on the same network or are you on another provider?

I bought the phone 2 years ago without contract, it was unlocked until last night! It has worked with various operators, now it only works with Orange! I'm guessing the XXLS6 packed with Omega 17 is locked with Orange. Is there any way around this?
If not, I'd rather switch back to M1UI but I also need to flash a new modem for that too since LS6 won't cut it there either.

Maybe you're right and this isn't modem related but something makes my phone work only on Orange. What might that be and how to make it work with different operators?

Last edited:

cabbyz

Jan 6, 2013
Have you flashed other ends or mainly been using MIUI? Did you buy it like that?

You should try loading your backup of MIUI to see if it is locked to Orange. If not try Omega again or maybe even another lsj rom...best bet is to narrow down the issue.

When I used miui I used ki4 modem

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hayth

Feb 15, 2012
Leicester
Dude, you don't need to do any of the above. It's a known problem with the leak (and any rom based on it). Search for an app called GalaxSim Unlock (free here on xda). It'll sort it out for you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2