[Q] netfilter and other issues

Search This thread

casathom

Feb 22, 2011
Hello fellow A7 sufferers ;-)

I've got my tablet last week and so far I'm loving it. I got it to do almost everything I need.
But I still need 2 more things:

- Networking proxy system
- Bluetooth DUN (or USB Modem to phone / USB 3G Stick (Modem))

I've searched quite a bit and found some apps, none of them really work as intended on the A7 and some are actually unstable.

Is there anyone with a reliable method to make any of this to work?
Do we know if building the kernel of the git repo will render a usable ko module? or do we need some set of A7's specific patches?

I really thing this device has lots of potencial.

Cheers.

PS: By the way what's that thing of putting the device to sleep means no notifications of alarms nor emails... ? When I put my cellphone to "sleep" or even if it's off I get the alarms to work.

5[Strogino]

Sep 23, 2009
Moscow
PS: By the way what's that thing of putting the device to sleep means no notifications of alarms nor emails... ? When I put my cellphone to "sleep" or even if it's off I get the alarms to work.

The reason is developers from NVidia. Good hardware but poor programmer skills.
This problem exists at eLocity A7, Toshiba AC100, Point of View Mobii and others devices on tegra 2.

jtodaro

Feb 25, 2011
- Networking proxy system

I need Proxy as well. I know that the Galaxy tablet has a proxy setting under Wireless / Advanced, yet ours doesn't somehow. I've worked with Linux/Unix type systems for almost 20 years so I have a very good understanding of their system/subsystems and underlaying configurations. I am curious if the proxy setting/setup is just a quick config change somewhere, as I do not know entirely how the GUI builds it's specific options to present to the user (not sure if they are hard coded, or dynamic based on the configuration files at the system level). I'd love to hear from some DEV that knows more than I, and I might be able to hack something together to open up some other things.

casathom

Feb 22, 2011
The reason is developers from NVidia. Good hardware but poor programmer skills.
This problem exists at eLocity A7, Toshiba AC100, Point of View Mobii and others devices on tegra 2.
Right, that sounds like many big companies... too many products too quick that would need a couple more moths of cooking in the oven ;-)
What would be really nice is if they would open the code to the comnunity so we could fill in the missing parts. Is there any precedent from NVidia doing that in this context (Android tablet/phone) anyone who may know a contact in there?

casathom

Feb 22, 2011
I need Proxy as well. I know that the Galaxy tablet has a proxy setting under Wireless / Advanced, yet ours doesn't somehow. I've worked with Linux/Unix type systems for almost 20 years so I have a very good understanding of their system/subsystems and underlaying configurations. I am curious if the proxy setting/setup is just a quick config change somewhere, as I do not know entirely how the GUI builds it's specific options to present to the user (not sure if they are hard coded, or dynamic based on the configuration files at the system level). I'd love to hear from some DEV that knows more than I, and I might be able to hack something together to open up some other things.
I guess first thing would be then to get out hands on a Galaxy Tab rootfs and see what differences it does have to ours... I'm new into the Android internals stuff but I assume that in theese cases as settings and other non-changing "Activities" as they call them, they are probably coded into xml files as UI descriptions... but all that is a wild guess (for now).

One test that I'll try is compiling the git repos kernel using the tegra2 defconfig and see how those modules interact with our device's kernel :)
Let's see if we get this thing done.