• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Netflix on Acer Iconia Tab A500

Search This thread

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
So i rooted my a500 with iconia root, its 3.1, got the Acer recovery program and flashed cwm. I did a Android backup and its not on my sd card, when I go to flash the zipped patch for Netflix, its not on the SD card. Neither are the folders that show in cwm as to where the backup was made. Its like its not using the SD card for actual stuff in cwm. Any ideas? I'm pretty familiar with cwm as I use it on my evo and don't get this?

Try pull micro SD, boot, shut back down put SD back in and boot.

PsychosisNC

Oct 3, 2010
So i rooted my a500 with iconia root, its 3.1, got the Acer recovery program and flashed cwm. I did a Android backup and its not on my sd card, when I go to flash the zipped patch for Netflix, its not on the SD card. Neither are the folders that show in cwm as to where the backup was made. Its like its not using the SD card for actual stuff in cwm. Any ideas? I'm pretty familiar with cwm as I use it on my evo and don't get this?

make sure you are moving it to external_sdcard instead of just sdcard. When you downloaded the file it went to /mnt/sdcard/Downloads I am assuming. To see it in recovery you need to move it to /mnt/external_sdcard. The backup went to /mnt/external_sdcard. Bottom line is there is the internal 16Gig storage that is /mnt/sdcard and the actual sdcard is /mnt/external_sdcard. I know its very confusing and got me at first until I noticed it.

stever5

Apr 18, 2006
I had to get my own .apk (from another device which IS supported) instead of downloading from online - seems various links have been taken down (multiupload) and many were old versions.

The apk can be found (on a supported device) in /data/app/com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk (at least in my case).

from a shell:
cp /data/app/*netflix* /mnt/sdcard/
or devices that use external_sd it may be:
cp /data/app/*netflix* /mnt/external_sd/

As some others have said the patch, AND a reboot was required for the patched .so file to take effect - I get FC on camcorder, but photos worked fine still.

Happy watching,

Desdinova

Apr 2, 2008
It's working for me.

I have a stock A500. I downloaded Netflix from amazon market. First attempt failed with "incompatible app" error. Tried it again and it loaded. It works with out any issues.

Top Liked Posts