[Q] Netflix on G2 CM7 not working.

Search This thread

DRSdroid

May 13, 2011
eck, i'm sure they will fix it in newer versions, but definitely good to know custom rom users aren't totally locked out! I'll patiently (anxiously) await a nice gb fix. :)

bluejay2345

Dec 10, 2010
Seems to already be established, but it's definitely CM 7.0.3. I installed the stock firmware and Netflix works (even with the leaked Gingerbread radio). I reinstalled CM and it doesn't work.

I am going to be running the stock OS until CM gets a chance to fix this. Thanks to clockwork and nandroid backups it will take only 5 minutes to switch back when the time comes.

One thing this has driven home to me is how much better CM is than the stock OS. I had forgotten what a piece of crap the stock OS is. Hopefully this will be a simple fix for CM so I can go back ASAP.

lawalty

May 16, 2008
Seems to already be established, but it's definitely CM 7.0.3. I installed the stock firmware and Netflix works (even with the leaked Gingerbread radio). I reinstalled CM and it doesn't work.

I am going to be running the stock OS until CM gets a chance to fix this. Thanks to clockwork and nandroid backups it will take only 5 minutes to switch back when the time comes.

One thing this has driven home to me is how much better CM is than the stock OS. I had forgotten what a piece of crap the stock OS is. Hopefully this will be a simple fix for CM so I can go back ASAP.

Since i purchased my G2 and took the plunge in rooting it. The first ROM I installed was CM7. Lately i've been sporting a ROM from Blackdroid 'UD Nightly #12' which I fell in love with.

Now with this Netflix app working on stock ROMs, and I couldn't get it to work on my UD ROM, i switched to CM6.1.1 which Netflix works flawlessly.

I didn't nandroid my 'original' stock ROM, which brings me to the question - where can I find my original 2.2 stock ROM so I can go back. Not to where I wouldn't be rooted anymore, but the stock ROM thats rooted?

Last edited:

istrebitjel

Dec 10, 2006
Seattle
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Logcat

By the way, in the log I see the following

Code:
D/nf-player( 3326): Payload is in multiple properties, extract it...
D/nf-player( 3326): Android 2.x, surface used, start video...
I/nf-player( 3326): onResume: back
I/ActivityManager( 1517): Displayed com.netflix.mediaclient/.PlayerActivity: +338ms
D/nf-player( 3326): Surface created
W/WindowManager( 1517): Window freeze timeout expired.
W/WindowManager( 1517): Force clearing orientation change: Window{409d2ff8 com.netflix.mediaclient/com.netflix.mediaclient.PlayerActivity paused=false}
W/nf-player( 3326): Playout stalled
D/nf-player( 3326): onPrepared called
D/TAG     ( 3326): [B]Not Android 3.x+ with drm.play. Skip send display.[/B]
D/nf-player( 3326): Play

Any guesses?

Nospin

Nov 20, 2010
Thanks, well at least I can watch flash movies again, even if it didn't have to do with the Netflix problem ;)

That doesn't mean they're unrelated though, as cyanogen modified the rom to fix flash in one of the rc's. It's possible that whatever he did is messing with netflix video somehow. This is just speculation and I'm no expert in development. Whatever fix he did for that 10.2 could be why no subsequent flash version will work.

So let's all just blame adobe for our netflix problems. Lol

EDIT: hmmm, that log is interesting.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Abaddon2501

May 24, 2009

I never tried stock, its so badddd. Like 3 min to boot. Countless other things I have just taken for granted. I love you CM, but I love watching netflix at work slighty more.

shady503403

Jul 23, 2009
People are saying nightly 77 netflix is working. Can some one tell me how to fix in other roms.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App

Looks like ill be going back to cm7 :(
Thank got for nand.

I'm confident miui will be fixed shortly hear after. :)
Thanks team douche. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone on CM7 having issues with netflix streaming video. I am only getting audio.
    I'm wondering if perhaps the app won't run on "custom roms", afterall netflix did say they were worried about piracy, it's one of the reasons they waited to release and android app. I'm not sure about other ROMs, but in Cyanogen your "OS version" clearly is not signed as stock.

I've downloaded CM6.1.1, installed with (older version) Google apps, and BAMB it's working flawlessly.

I could get it to work on any 'Gingerbread' ROM until I installed a 2.2 ROM.

I watched a whole movie of Mortal Kombat on my G2 this morning from the Netflix app.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
    I think you're on to something.

I also have trouble playing flash movies on my G2/CM7.0.3 - example - same symptoms: Audio, but no video.

Just download this version of 10.2 to get Flash working on your browser again.

http://www.4shared.com/file/LOb1bv9h/Adobe_Flash_Player_102_1021561.html

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone