[Q] New 35it, browser and pandora crash constantly (memory issues?)

Search This thread

pissinguoff247

Mar 17, 2010
Fort Lauderdale
I just got a 35it, brand new in the box off the shelf. Ran whatever out-of-the-box firmware update it needed and immediately started having issues.

In my head should be the perfect device but I keep having problems that I think might be memory related. I know this isn't a "high end" device but I'd imagine 800mhz and 1gb of memory shouldn't choke like this (pretty sure my old phone had the same specs, right down to the 2.2 android).

The browser crashes CONSTANTLY. I was attempting to browse to a site to download ArcTools and the Google Play Store APK, and almost every other page I'd navigate to would crash the browser.

Also, I installed ArcTools and the play store to get Pandora running. It seems this little guy just doesn't have the power to run Pandora reliably - it'll fire up, sit there for a second, and finally start playing - but as soon as I hit the home button it'll hang up, ask to force close/wait, and then, finally, the app will crash.

Does this sound like a defective device, or am I doing something wrong? Will Pandora run better with a full root?