[Q] new zoe Zoe themes help on 4.2.2

Search This thread

rollsrd

Apr 23, 2013
I figure out the root to the problem some people are having with new 4.2.2 zoe themes giving them the error :
"unable to create video because there is a problem with the original media files"

The audio files that zoe uses for some random reason are messed up for the new themes. They have a file size of 9 bytes when there are normally 1.05 mb. So i replaced music_atlantis.mp3 (one of the new themes) with another mp3 files that also lasted 32 seconds, and changed the name of it music_atlantis.mp3 . When i went to zoe the theme worked but of course with a different audio.

If one of you guys that have all themes working could be kind to upload those audio files it would be great :) I'm sure I am not the only one having that problem.

this is the location : /sdcard/Android/data/com.htczeroediting/files/zeroeditor/resources/music
I uploaded two screenshots one with the error and the other with the files i believe need to be overwritten with the correct ones. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Pleske

Sep 20, 2010
Hi, go into the 'Android/Data/com.htc.zeroediting/files/zero_editor/resources/' folder and rename the 'music' folder to something different and then try the new highlights again and it will recreate a new music folder with all the new highlights working, then you can go back and delete the old music folder.

rollsrd

Apr 23, 2013
Hi, go into the 'Android/Data/com.htc.zeroediting/files/zero_editor/resources/' folder and rename the 'music' folder to something different and then try the new highlights again and it will recreate a new music folder with all the new highlights working, then you can go back and delete the old music folder.

worked like a charm!!! thanks :)

Element515

Jun 26, 2011
beautiful fix... now I don't really want to erase my entire SD card anymore... lol Moved everything else over so it should be fine... hopefully lol

Reactions: rollsrd

megazac1

Sep 3, 2010
When I change the name of the music folder, it does create anther folder titled "music", but still has the same corrupt .mp3 files in it. Only six of the files work, the others are 9 or 10 bytes.

I'm on 4.1.2, and these files seem to be included also.

I actually landed here after tracking down a mediaserver wakelock issue I'm having. Turns out the .mp3s being used for highlights might be the culprit, but I can't seem to fix them or delete them without them being recreated when I watch a highlight reel. Even if I just delete the corrupt files, they are recreated when I load a highlight reel up.

rollsrd

Apr 23, 2013
I'll upload the folder that I have for music just overwrite it and see if it helps

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

rollsrd

Apr 23, 2013
When I change the name of the music folder, it does create anther folder titled "music", but still has the same corrupt .mp3 files in it. Only six of the files work, the others are 9 or 10 bytes.

I actually landed here after tracking down a mediaserver wakelock issue I'm having. Turns out the .mp3s being used for highlights might be the culprit, but I can't seem to fix them or delete them without them being recreated when I watch a highlight reel. Even if I just delete the corrupt files, they are recreated when I load a highlight reel up.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bkb0rthoj81nu6q/cCgatQA3MM

there are the audio files that should be inside that music folder. just download them all and save them inside that folder so you overwrite the others. By the way these include the audio files for the new themes as well in case anyone else needs them.

megazac1

Sep 3, 2010

there are the audio files that should be inside that music folder. just download them all and save them inside that folder so you overwrite the others. By the way these include the audio files for the new themes as well in case anyone else needs them.

Thanks for the help. It looks like a few of the files you provided are still not the right size (music_brooksburg.mp3, music_fields.mp3, and music_monterey.mp3).

I copied it all over regardless, but there's still only six options showing up in the highlight reel (Polaris, Avalon, Vega, Eifel, Burbia, Islandia). Maybe the option will only appear in 4.2.2?

I checked the files after using the highlight reel and the system didn't change any of the mp3's I copied over, so there's that.

I'm more concerned with getting the files right to help with wakelock, even though I'm not sure this is culprit.

rollsrd

Apr 23, 2013
Yea the new themes you'll need 4.2.2 . And yes those 3 are still only 9bytes . But they are not themes so they are not used therefor they shouldnt be giving you problems

Last edited:

giuseppe_ncaj

Nov 6, 2011
Marseille

:good::good::good::good:

Thanks

Reactions: leagon

davie81.dt

May 26, 2013
Perfect!

Thanks very much :)

archa1c

Jan 19, 2013
Has anybody created custom themes yet? Wondering if there is a forum/thread dedicated to custom highlight videos. It'd be great to have a community of themes/music to share to add a little variety to the HTC One's highlight videos.

dalex7777

Feb 4, 2010
Houston

:laugh:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Highlights worked--I think???--before activating my phone. But once the Carrier package was installed (Sprint) this feature only had the hangouts "Pop" file.

I had written to a friend who reviewed the One for PC Magazine and HTC but never got any response for getting these files. I really appreciate this rollsrd!

grb2323

Jul 10, 2013
Originally Posted by Pleske

I tried the renaming Music folder trick. It did not work until I shutdown gallery and then reopened. Probably obvious, but just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

toekneeology

Nov 16, 2008
I'm uploading them again for you. But this time I also added the ones from sense 5.5 . Just make sure you get only those you need :) they should take a fe minutes to complete but not too long

Youre the MAN! :highfive:

Thank you so much!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figure out the root to the problem some people are having with new 4.2.2 zoe themes giving them the error :
    "unable to create video because there is a problem with the original media files"

The audio files that zoe uses for some random reason are messed up for the new themes. They have a file size of 9 bytes when there are normally 1.05 mb. So i replaced music_atlantis.mp3 (one of the new themes) with another mp3 files that also lasted 32 seconds, and changed the name of it music_atlantis.mp3 . When i went to zoe the theme worked but of course with a different audio.

If one of you guys that have all themes working could be kind to upload those audio files it would be great :) I'm sure I am not the only one having that problem.

this is the location : /sdcard/Android/data/com.htczeroediting/files/zeroeditor/resources/music
    I uploaded two screenshots one with the error and the other with the files i believe need to be overwritten with the correct ones. Thanks :)

beautiful fix... now I don't really want to erase my entire SD card anymore... lol Moved everything else over so it should be fine... hopefully lol

:good::good::good::good:

Thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone