[Q] Newbie to S4 Knox Needs Help i9500

Search This thread

PanzerVolr

Jul 21, 2011
Other Dimension
I Bought this new S4 i9500 phone cause it was cheaper and retired my s3 i9305 since it didnt have android 4.4 there was no knox and I was able to root, install clockwork recovery and roms
this phone s4 has a new bootloader and knox that does not allow people to root
how to root, install custom recovery and install custom rom? I want a detailed tutorial since I didnt find for android 4.4
they were for 4.2 so i was kind of afraid. I did look up. I want to install latest MIUI v5 on S4 i want to try :)
any kind soul please help me :)

I Bought this new S4 i9500 phone cause it was cheaper and retired my s3 i9305 since it didnt have android 4.4 there was no knox and I was able to root, install clockwork recovery and roms
this phone s4 has a new bootloader and knox that does not allow people to root
how to root, install custom recovery and install custom rom? I want a detailed tutorial since I didnt find for android 4.4
they were for 4.2 so i was kind of afraid. I did look up. I want to install latest MIUI v5 on S4 i want to try :)
any kind soul please help me :)

Hi mate

You can root with this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292615

The only problem is that the knox bit will be set and the warranty gone......other than that it will work, unfortunately there is no method to root the i9500 without tripping the knox bit .