[Q] Nexus 4 & Carries

Search This thread

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
I am planning on picking up a Nexus 4 today and sell my Verizon Galaxy Nexus but i'm not sure about the Carrier , TMobile is were i want to pick it up from . Does it matter what carrier it's on for it to be able to flash Ubuntu and other rooms i see in the nexus thread i don't see a thread for a specific carrier like the Galaxy Nexus .

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I am planning on picking up a Nexus 4 today and sell my Verizon Galaxy Nexus but i'm not sure about the Carrier , TMobile is were i want to pick it up from . Does it matter what carrier it's on for it to be able to flash Ubuntu and other rooms i see in the nexus thread i don't see a thread for a specific carrier like the Galaxy Nexus .

Well, the only carrier that actually carries the phone I believe is T-Mobile, but you can use it on AT&T or any other GSM carrier, I'd assume.

It doesn't matter which one you're on for flashing ROMs and anything else really since there's only 1 phone. With the Galaxy Nexus you actually had like 4 different phones. GSM/LTE and then even in the LTE versions you had the Verizon phone and the Sprint phone.

Reactions: jawonder

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Well, the only carrier that actually carries the phone I believe is T-Mobile, but you can use it on AT&T or any other GSM carrier, I'd assume.

It doesn't matter which one you're on for flashing ROMs and anything else really since there's only 1 phone. With the Galaxy Nexus you actually had like 4 different phones. GSM/LTE and then even in the LTE versions you had the Verizon phone and the Sprint phone.

Ok so i'll pick it up from TMobile then , Thanks

chrisrozon

Feb 7, 2013
At Tmobile you either lock into a two year contract or pay $150 more than you would buying it from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jawonder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok so i'll pick it up from TMobile then , Thanks

Good luck! They have it for free or some kind of discount this weekend, right? :good:
    At Tmobile you either lock into a two year contract or pay $150 more than you would buying it from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone