[Q] Nexus S motherboard died

Search This thread

chaitanya91845

Nov 1, 2009
Mumbai
My Nexus S's motherboard died and the guys at Samsung service centre are demanding $160 for a replacement. I am really confused as to what I should do. $160 is too steep, but the phone is in mint condition.
Any suggestions? I live in India, so consider local prices too if you would suggest buying a used Nexus S instead of getting mine repaired.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.; Prices of used nexus s at ebay.in starts at $200!!

Edit: Could a mod move this thread to the QA section? Apologies for posting it in the wrong section.

Last edited:
Reactions: sangalshubham

Magusxd

Mar 10, 2013
My Nexus S's motherboard died and the guys at Samsung service centre are demanding $160 for a replacement. I am really confused as to what I should do. $160 is too steep, but the phone is in mint condition.
Any suggestions? I live in India, so consider local prices too if you would suggest buying a used Nexus S instead of getting mine repaired.

Edit: Could a mod move this thread to the QA section? Apologies for posting it in the wrong section.

How are u sure it's dead ? Samsung service doesn't repair motherboards they just replace them so if ur phone doesn't work for reason A or B they just replace the motherboard or whatever is defect.
You can try a regular mobile phone service center and ask them how much they want for a repair.
200$ or 160$ for just a nexus s it's really a high amount ur better off with a new phone

ps. what happen to ur nexus and it doesn't work now ?

Reactions: chaitanya91845

chaitanya91845

Nov 1, 2009
Mumbai
The phone had been dropped in water in the past, but that was repaired, and did not include a motherboard replacement. This time, my sister dropped the phone on the ground, and it has not switched on since. The guys at Samsung say that the motherboard needs to be replaced :(

amity_coolin

Mar 11, 2013
need to buy a faulty nexus phone

HI

I want to buy this faulty nexus phone kindly let me know if this is available and how much you are expecting for same.

Regards
Amit

sangalshubham

Jun 11, 2013
Google Nexus S brand New.

I Bought also Google NExus S in very New Condition But some Problem With MotherBoard.
It gets off after Low battery and not boot Up Since.
If Anyone needs it, i want to sell.
If Anyone knows Mother Board repair, plz suggest also.

Please contact me.

+91-9910575955
Shubham

amity_coolin

Mar 11, 2013
wanted faulty nexus 5 or moto x

HI

I want to buy this faulty nexus 5 or moto x phone kindly let me know if this is available and how much you are expecting for same.

Regards
Amit

R

Raakib Zargar

Hi There,
I can provide you with the Nexus S board 100% working. I have a pair of them if you need contact me. I too live in India. You must pay Rs1800 for mainboard that you will buy from me. If intrested contact me
on Facebook.... Username: rakib.zargar.5

gmail: rakibzargar.rz@gmail.com

contact no. : 8715031141

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How are u sure it's dead ? Samsung service doesn't repair motherboards they just replace them so if ur phone doesn't work for reason A or B they just replace the motherboard or whatever is defect.
    You can try a regular mobile phone service center and ask them how much they want for a repair.
    200$ or 160$ for just a nexus s it's really a high amount ur better off with a new phone

ps. what happen to ur nexus and it doesn't work now ?