[Q] Nitro With v10j root

Search This thread

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
I just got my phone back from LG, but they have pre-installed the new OTA update from February, so I can't root it anymore.Is there a way for me to root it? Maybe, if, you know, I followed the the last steps of the unbricking guide where I have to flash the original ATT images?

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I just got my phone back from LG, but they have pre-installed the new OTA update from February, so I can't root it anymore.Is there a way for me to root it? Maybe, if, you know, I followed the the last steps of the unbricking guide where I have to flash the original ATT images?

You need to follow the entire unbricking guide. The last steps require root, and the steps leading up to that are what allow you to get root in the first place.

Although it will bring you to the original AT&T ROM, keep in mind you will be rooted even after flashing them and there really isn't a clean way to get back to a fully unrooted ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: rani9990

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
You need to follow the entire unbricking guide. The last steps require root, and the steps leading up to that are what allow you to get root in the first place.

Although it will bring you to the original AT&T ROM, keep in mind you will be rooted even after flashing them and there really isn't a clean way to get back to a fully unrooted ROM.

Thanks, I didn't need an unrooted ROM, anyway.

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
If you are going straight to CM9 or another flashed ROM, then you can skip the last steps and just install CWM from the Korean ROM. Although you may still want to flash the baseband/firmware images.

Should've read this earlier.....followed the whole unbricking process. Oh well, I'm on the CWM Flashable ICS leak now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.