Apr 23, 2014
Should I simply use the AP tab? :confused:

Attachments

• odinnn.jpg
    odinnn.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 3,187
Reactions: masterminds71
Apr 23, 2014
So, I successfully flashed CWM via Odin but when I entered recovery mode, I was taken to stock recovery. What could be the problem?

Apr 23, 2014
I reflashed CWM successfully... I powered down the phone, rebooted in recovery mode and, again, found myself in stock recovery. What gives!?

Gw|n

Mar 11, 2010
Are you sure that you are really flashing CWM and have correct version for your phone? If in both cases is answer yes, I'm out of ideas.

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Reactions: AffectiveEffect
Apr 23, 2014

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
I'll give it a shot... What is the difference, though, in the 'touch' version? I'm new to a lot of this stuff. Thanks!

CWM : this version don't support Touch control. So you have to navigate with vol up/down in the menus

CWM Touch : how the name already say, it support Touch control, it means you don't need to navigate with vol up/down and it also support "create zip image" this does backup your system as a flashable .zip.

Sent from my SM-G900 using xda-developers app

Reactions: AffectiveEffect
Apr 23, 2014
CWM : this version don't support Touch control. So you have to navigate with vol up/down in the menus

CWM Touch : how the name already say, it support Touch control, it means you don't need to navigate with vol up/down and it also support "create zip image" this does backup your system as a flashable .zip.

Thanks, xXPR0T0TYPEXx... I should have known that's what it meant! :p

I tried different versions of Odin and the touch CWM and for the first time received a "FAIL"... I'm going to try to use another computer and see if I have any success.

Also: I know I should probably search this (and I will) but just in case I can't get anything to work>>>> Is there another way to root this phone WITHOUT the use of CWM? or is this the only way? Thanks, again!

Apr 23, 2014
And just so I can confirm how to properly boot into CWM:
I power down the phone and press VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON + POWER, correct?

This is the method of how to boot into stock recovery but, as I understand it, if CWM is properly flashed it should take me to Clockworkmod INSTEAD of stock recovery. Am I correct?

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
And just so I can confirm how to properly boot into CWM:
I power down the phone and press VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON + POWER, correct?

This is the method of how to boot into stock recovery but, as I understand it, if CWM is properly flashed it should take me to Clockworkmod INSTEAD of stock recovery. Am I correct?

Yes you are correct! And yes there is a other way to get root access. Have a look here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459910 ! :)

Tip : if you use this way don't foget to enable usb debugging.

Top Liked Posts