• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] NO SDHC???

Search This thread

StevieBallz

Feb 13, 2010
Linz
Most of the phones are equipped with SD cards/slots but as Microsoft dictates: non-user-accesible. If you replace the card the phone will be hard-reset (as all user data, etc. is stored on the card u just removed).

U won't be able to do so without disassembling the phone though.

vladimir2989

Jun 17, 2007
London
Most of the phones are equipped with SD cards/slots but as Microsoft dictates: non-user-accesible. If you replace the card the phone will be hard-reset (as all user data, etc. is stored on the card u just removed).

U won't be able to do so without disassembling the phone though.

so it is possible to put 32GB HCSD in to it if u disasemble it, and it will still work ? will that void the waranty ?

Last edited:

andyrham

Sep 29, 2007
Edinburgh
It is possible

I upgraded my Mozart today to a 16GB card I had lying around. Not too complicated but involves a fair bit of dismantling and going through a void sticker.

I posted an "how to" article here on my blog. Email me at [email protected] for a link as I cannot post it here without getting an error.

Cheers
Andy

Here are the links you need:

h ttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=831579

h ttp://lifeinthefastlaneok.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/new-htc-7-mozart-sd-card-memory-upgrade/

(just remove the spaces after 1st h to get the propper links)

Last edited:

vladimir2989

Jun 17, 2007
London
would 32GB Class 6 work fine ? and also will this effect Updates from MS, is there any serials on SD card that have to match up or something like that ? (hope not)

A

AngryNil

would 32GB Class 6 work fine ? and also will this effect Updates from MS, is there any serials on SD card that have to match up or something like that ? (hope not)
I know the HD7 seems to have shipped with legacy card, so a Class 6 should be fine and in fact increase performance.

Considering AT&T is promoting the Focus for its more accessible SD slot, serials are not necessary and updates will be uninterrupted.

Your warranty does go down the drain though.