[Q] No SIM or wifi after factory reset

Search This thread

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013
Hi,

Yesterday, I had an update from 4.1.1. to 4.1.2. I'm running the stock rom. After I ran in the update, I re-rooted using CF-Auto Root.

Today, I thought I'd do a factory reset. Now, my phone won't detect any SIM card (I've tried 2) and although it seems to detect my wifi, it won't connect.

I had the phone on airplane mode when I selected the factory reset, but I wouldn't have thought that would matter.
Interestingly, I can now select airplane mode to turn on, but it then ghosts out and I can't turn it off.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Please help!

Last edited:

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013
I'm inclined to think this is a software problem as both sim and wifi worked perfectly before the factory reset.

I've tried registering with SamMobile to download the stock rom, but their registration page seems to be wonky. It complains I haven't completed the anti-spam task, but this area of the form is just blank.

apache04

Jun 19, 2013
yep.. thats a loophole in google... try doing it again... this time with cwm.. if that doesnt work.. u have to get the stock rom via odin

---
Hit Thanks if I am helpful :)
Sent from my Samsung GT-I9505 using xda premium

Reactions: paulschofield76

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013
yep.. thats a loophole in google... try doing it again... this time with cwm.. if that doesnt work.. u have to get the stock rom via odin

---

Do you mean this is a known problem then?

I've tried a few more resets with airplane mode on and off and nothings worked.

I don't have cwm at the moment although I could flash that. Where could I get the stock rom from though, besides SamMobile?

apache04

Jun 19, 2013

I don't have cwm at the moment although I could flash that. Where could I get the stock rom from though, besides SamMobile?

thats actually not a known problem... but seems unpredictable...
http://galaxynote2root.com/search/note 2 stock rom
check this site.. i would rather suggest u to get it from samfirmware by some means its the most trusted one.. :)
---

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013
check this site.. i would rather suggest u to get it from samfirmware by some means its the most trusted one.. :)
---

I just flashed the exact modem I had before, and my baseband, imei etc. are all coming up unknown.

When I enter *#1234#, my cp number is also unknown.

Do roms also include modems? I was once told they didn't. Sorry, I've never flashed anything before besides when I was getting root access :)

apache04

Jun 19, 2013
I just flashed the exact modem I had before, and my baseband, imei etc. are all coming up unknown.

Do roms also include modems? I was once told they didn't. Sorry, I've never flashed anything before besides when I was getting root access :)
yes.. downloaded rom packages include modems..

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013

Thanks for all the replies.

One further question, then I'll go hunting ....

I have the GT-N7105T. I know the T variant has different radios. Some people say you can use N7105 roms and some people say no.

Can I safely use an N7105 rom on my N7105T? The phone is pretty useless at the moment but I'd rather not brick it.

apache04

Jun 19, 2013

I have the GT-N7105T. I know the T variant has different radios. Some people say you can use N7105 roms and some people say no.

Can I safely use an N7105 rom on my N7105T? The phone is pretty useless at the moment but I'd rather not brick it.

experimenting is good on android.. but i'd rather suggest u to get rom for YOUR MODEL only... if its not available at all.. then u could go for the second option...

---

rikta

Jul 28, 2009
Melbourne
There's your problem!

The difference between the regular Galaxy model and the T variant is the modem. Telstra 'tweak' it on a hardware level for their NextG network and it means that the performance of the modem is affected to varying degrees (severe in your case) if you use a non 'T' modem.

There should be a modems thread, there should be a N7105T modem. I'll have a look and post back if I find one.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

BOOM!

TDVDMB1 (Australia / Telstra) N7105TDVDMB2
TDVALK4 (Australia / Telstra) N7105TDVALK3

Either of these should work, keep them to flash after you reflash a rom onto your phone

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013
I've tried flashing the modem but unfortunately it had no effect.
I don't have the phone on me so I can't confirm this, but I'm starting to have scary thoughts about the efs. Unfortunately the only changes I've ever made to my Androids was just to root, and I didn't even know what the efs was.

Thing is, after my update my phone worked fine for over 24 hours before I reset it. Does this sound like the efs? How can I tell if that's the problem?

I guess I had to learn somehow, and I've definitely learnt ...

paulschofield76

Mar 23, 2013
For anyone else who may come across this, I solved the problem by downloading the stock ROM from sammobile and flashing that.

I have also now flashed TWRP and have taken a nandroid including the EFS.

We all have to start somewhere, but hopefully my bad experience will prevent someone else's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's your problem!

The difference between the regular Galaxy model and the T variant is the modem. Telstra 'tweak' it on a hardware level for their NextG network and it means that the performance of the modem is affected to varying degrees (severe in your case) if you use a non 'T' modem.

There should be a modems thread, there should be a N7105T modem. I'll have a look and post back if I find one.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

BOOM!

TDVDMB1 (Australia / Telstra) N7105TDVDMB2
    TDVALK4 (Australia / Telstra) N7105TDVALK3

Either of these should work, keep them to flash after you reflash a rom onto your phone

---

---

experimenting is good on android.. but i'd rather suggest u to get rom for YOUR MODEL only... if its not available at all.. then u could go for the second option...

---