[Q] No sound or speeh during calls

Search This thread

Hepperz

Sep 21, 2012
Have you tried freezing the app using Titanium Backup PRO? That worked for me.

Does it consistently work? I don't have PRO, so want to make sure it works before I purchase.

What are you using as a lockscreen instead then? I've enabled AOSP through Venom Tweaks after freezing HTC Lockscreen, but the issue persists :(

dwgjr330

Mar 28, 2011
TMO USA here with an M7 - tried the uninstall of the update and deleting the data in the google areas. looking for other suggestions / freeze apps- stock rom not rooted.

Thanks!

petru.tomsa

Feb 2, 2012
so until now nobody have an solved problem. All of us try to make phone to work but nobody have solution with all apps working good.

Murdock80

Aug 27, 2008
Well, same problem here.

Cleared data of Phone, Play Store and Google Services Framework- uninstalled the latest lockscreen update, deleted cache and dalvik.... nothing, still not working.

What is this crap :eek:

hawkeeyee

Feb 7, 2012
I reinstalled viper 8 times so far because of this stupid defect...last time after my calls were not working even clearing framework and play service didn't helped...

Hepperz

Sep 21, 2012
Is anyone having this issue on a non Sense ROM?

Just downloading CM12 Lollipop now to try that out...

msmajerczak

Nov 28, 2008
Well, same problem here.

Cleared data of Phone, Play Store and Google Services Framework- uninstalled the latest lockscreen update, deleted cache and dalvik.... nothing, still not working.

What is this crap :eek:

First of all, disable Wifi and network data. Then clear all data from Google Play Services (data management, scroll down and clear all data) restart and everything should be good. You can't use data transfer. Other way is disable this process using for ex. Titanium backup

petru.tomsa

Feb 2, 2012
I think nobody work from google and HTC on our issue.
I spoke today at HTC and they said to start in safemode if not problem solved to send phone in service. They are stupid? We are a lot with this bug. We need to send all phone to service? :(

csapdani

Jun 4, 2010
I think nobody work from google and HTC on our issue.
I spoke today at HTC and they said to start in safemode if not problem solved to send phone in service. They are stupid? We are a lot with this bug. We need to send all phone to service? :(

I saw in one of the threads that HTC acknowledged the issue. I guess the agent you talked to wasn't yet aware or just tried to dodge it. Maybe they haven't got a directive yet on what to say about this.

petru.tomsa

Feb 2, 2012
I hope they will solve this year this bug... Or one of our developers will solve sun

Sent from my HTC One M7... Firmware 5.11.1540.9, TWRP v2.6.3.3, ViperOne 6.2.1, ElementalX 14.8, using Tapatalk

saadi1786

Apr 8, 2013
and another...

Another M7 user with the same problem. Seems to be the google framework mentioned in an earlier post, disabling this service should allow you to make/receive calls without any problems - but it will cause problems with other apps, eg whatsapp.

Word of caution, it only is a problem once the background service is up and running. So if you reboot your phone and make a call as soon as physically possible, then that will work. If you leave your phone a few minutes after booting (so let all the background processes initiate) then you will see this issue with no voice. In short, restarting your phone and being able to hear voice does not necessarily mean it is fixed!

I tried disabling the HTC lock screen app, that doesn't seem to be the offending app.

Any news of a fix would be appreciated!

Dunc001

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 6, 2010
Hiding out south of the border...
I am almost 100% certain it has nothing to do with the HTC Lockscreen app as I have had auto-updates on that app disabled for months due to it breaking all of the pattern lockscreen tweaks I did for ViperOne, so mine hasn't updated (still shows as update available in Play Store) and I now have the no sound bug. Freezing Play Services with Titanium and rebooting is the ONLY thing out of all the proposed possible solutions which has made any difference to me. I have installed the very latest gms apk from THIS thread - no change; disabled auto updates in the .db per THIS thread - no change; cleared all cache/data as mentioned many times - no change. Only thing that works is the freeze/reboot which obviously causes issues for any Google app needing Play Services to function.

Hepperz

Sep 21, 2012
Just to update you all - I've moved over to the CM12 Lollipop ROM, and as yet, everything is still working fine.

Some updates are still going though, so I'll see how it goes over the next day or so.

robertoraymon

Dec 11, 2014
This could get big...

I hope nobody has to call 911 with one of these phones... I've talked with HTC customer service twice and habe tweeted back and forth with the @HTCUSA Twitter account and they have no idea what's going on.

Reactions: nmagriplis

3william56

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
The word from HTC

Yup, looks like the Lockscreen was not the answer.
Neither is the HTC Framework update that appeared yesterday. Oh well.

Contacted HTC Australia, they are aware of the bug, and their official advice is as per the previous post recommendation: disable Google Play Services & Google Services Framework.
Not a nice solution, as it will kill a lot of your GApps, but that's all we can do right now.

So:
Settings
Apps
Scroll right to All
Scroll down to Google Play Services
Tap Disable
Repeat for Google Services Framework.

I guess you can selectively re-activate these apps if you need the Play Store or other GApp service.
:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I have been facing a new problem since this morning on my HTC One M7 running ARHD. When I am attempting to make a regular phone call I am not getting any dialer tone, the receiver answers my call but there is no sound being sent from my phone to him nor I can get any sound from the person I am calling. I tried making varioud VOIP calls thorugh Viber, Google hangouts etc. they seem to be working perfectly. What could be the problem!?:eek:

PS: This is urgent, as I need to get my one and only phone working to make phone calls!

Clear Play services and Google Services Framework data and restart.
    I am almost 100% certain it has nothing to do with the HTC Lockscreen app as I have had auto-updates on that app disabled for months due to it breaking all of the pattern lockscreen tweaks I did for ViperOne, so mine hasn't updated (still shows as update available in Play Store) and I now have the no sound bug. Freezing Play Services with Titanium and rebooting is the ONLY thing out of all the proposed possible solutions which has made any difference to me. I have installed the very latest gms apk from THIS thread - no change; disabled auto updates in the .db per THIS thread - no change; cleared all cache/data as mentioned many times - no change. Only thing that works is the freeze/reboot which obviously causes issues for any Google app needing Play Services to function.
    I've tried everything in this thread. Nothing works.

Have you tried uninstalling the HTC Lock Screen updates then after doing that for good measure erase all data from Google Services as mentioned above and re-boot.
    App Data clearing

My HTC One M7 is experiencing this issue reported recently for Telstra Australia users. How do you clear the data for the phone app?

To clear the data for the phone app (or any other except Google Play Services)...
    Tap Settings
    Tap Apps
    Scroll right to the All tab
    Scroll down until you find the app you want, or tap the magnifying glass and enter the name (e.g. "Phone")
    Tap on the App name
    Tap Clear Data
    Done.

For Google Play Services, after tapping on the App name, tap the Manage Space button, then Clear All Data button.

Folks have recommended clearing data for Phone, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework. These are all harmless (you might be re-asked for some permissions). But my testing shows that it is a temporary fix, likely because the Google apps reload the offending bug. I suspect we'll have to wait for a fix from HTC or Google. :eek:

Clearing Cache or data is often a good way to sort Android app problems, but bear in mind that any local data relating to the app will be lost, such as accounts/logons, media, high scores etc. so progress with caution and use your backups first.
    found this in eragon ROM thread

-FREEZE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICE TO PREVENT THAT BUG (com.google.android.gms-1.apk) , till google updates it..

if you dont have a tool to disable google service ...
    you can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...app.appfreezer