[Q] No WiFi 5Ghz on LG G2 D802

Search This thread

lesoho

Dec 23, 2007
Hi
I have the International LG G2 D802 (from Israel)

On the WiFi menu, if I go to: "Advanced Wi-Fi", I'm missing / don't have the "Wi-Fi frequency band" option
So I cannot select: Auto or 5 GHz only

My 5Ghz network is not showing, and I think it is blocked by Israel policy which is prohibit 5Ghz WiFi.

I tried to flash to the stock KK Open Euro 20D, but it didn't resolve the issue

Even tried factory reset.

Will be happy to receive any advise or direction.

Thank you!

Mgatlan

Aug 9, 2012
the same

The same with me.
I've the international version (D802) with KK rom (D80220a.13394018656).
And the 5ghz is OK in Israel.

ISISTYLE

Feb 14, 2012
Sta
If ir ur in a custom rom flash another one and see if u still get that. And if ur in a stock then downgrade /upgrade.

Acolis

Apr 30, 2013
Hi

On the WiFi menu, if I go to: "Advanced Wi-Fi", I'm missing / don't have the "Wi-Fi frequency band" option

My 5Ghz network is not showing, and I think it is blocked by Israel policy which is prohibit 5Ghz WiFi.

Thank you!
In the Stock kernel and rom of the D802 there is no option to connect to 5GHz Wifi.

If you install CM or other rom based on different kernel you should see it.

D802 Korean suffix with cloudystock 2.1

lesoho

Dec 23, 2007
In the Stock kernel and rom of the D802 there is no option to connect to 5GHz Wifi.

If you install CM or other rom based on different kernel you should see it.

D802 Korean suffix with cloudystock 2.1

Great. Thank you!
Do you think Dorinmax kernel will also do the trick?

encephalonM

Mar 15, 2012
easy fix for rooted stock ROM

there is an easy fix if you have root.
use "sqlite installer for android" (free in google play)
to install sqlite.
open terminal (download app from google play)
type
1. su
2. sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "UPDATE global SET value='us' WHERE name='wifi_country_code'"

or in other words change value from "il" (or ur country) to "us"
in "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db"
table "global"
column "value"
where name = "wifi_country_code"
and your 5Ghz network will show up.

worked for me in cloudyflex 2.4.

there is a rumor that it will go back to the original value after reboot, but I haven't done reboot since I change it so ...

you can also do it with sqlite3 manager app

lesoho

Dec 23, 2007
to install sqlite.
type
1. su
2. sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "UPDATE global SET value='us' WHERE name='wifi_country_code'"

table "global"
column "value"

there is a rumor that it will go back to the original value after reboot, but I haven't done reboot since I change it so ...

Thank you for the in-depth replay!
I am wondering if there will be a modded rom with the above built in...

Zalmoxis12

Jul 9, 2014
Hi

Thank you!

Mine is working just fine. I'm running 5Ghz network specially for the phone at home, next to the normal Wi-Fi, and so far I've detected it perfectly and use it all the time.

gcRy5jN.png

It has worked it that exact stock ROM you are talking about, and it seems to be working perfectly with CM11 too.

I'm guessing it might be the baseband that's different for you if you can't find it, since we had the same ROM.

lesoho

Dec 23, 2007
Mine is working just fine. I'm running 5Ghz network specially for the phone at home, next to the normal Wi-Fi, and so far I've detected it perfectly and use it all the time.

gcRy5jN.png

It has worked it that exact stock ROM you are talking about, and it seems to be working perfectly with CM11 too.

I'm guessing it might be the baseband that's different for you if you can't find it, since we had the same ROM.

It is related to country policy, for some countries 5Ghz is blocked (based on the Sim card)
for the same ROM if I will enter a US Sim card it will work...
Now I am trying to find ways to bypass this limitation

JoInT.il

Oct 2, 2009
Any news on this?
Same problem here International D802 4.4.2 kernel 3.4.90. Samsung galaxy 3 4.0.4 also from israel provider totaly see my 5GHz router ...

sillyxone

Jul 23, 2010
Somewhat related: I have battery drain problem with work Wifi (dual-band) but not home wifi (2.4GHz only). I did a quick check with Wifi Analyzer and found the 5GHz signal at work to be quite weak, so decided to disbale my phone from using it. I'm on CloudyG3 2.1 ROM, 'wifi_country_code' is set to 'us' but still have no option to select the band.

Thanks to encephalonM for the sqlite query, I ran "select * from global where name like '%wifi%';" and found "wifi_frequency_band" being set to 0. Looking up this setting give the value of 0 --> auto, 1 --> 5GHz, and 2 --> 2GHz:
https://code.google.com/p/android-s...m--frameworks--base&name=jb-mr1.1-release#454

I set mine to 2 with query: "update global set value = 2 where name = 'wifi_frequency_band';" and the fast battery drain problem is gone (and Wifi Analyzer couldn't see 5GHz networks anymore). So, if there is no option to select the band in the UI, you probably can still set the option directly with sqlite.

Update: this setting survived reboot, no need to re-apply everytime!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2012
Madrid
Can't find it

Somewhat related: I have battery drain problem with work Wifi (dual-band) but not home wifi (2.4GHz only). I did a quick check with Wifi Analyzer and found the 5GHz signal at work to be quite weak, so decided to disbale my phone from using it. I'm on CloudyG3 2.1 ROM, 'wifi_country_code' is set to 'us' but still have no option to select the band.

Thanks to encephalonM for the sqlite query, I ran "select * from global where name like '%wifi%';" and found "wifi_frequency_band" being set to 0. Looking up this setting give the value of 0 --> auto, 1 --> 5GHz, and 2 --> 2GHz:

I set mine to 2 with query: "update global set value = 2 where name = 'wifi_frequency_band';" and the fast battery drain problem is gone (and Wifi Analyzer couldn't see 5GHz networks anymore). So, if there is no option to select the band in the UI, you probably can still set the option directly with sqlite.

Update: this setting survived reboot, no need to re-apply everytime!

Hi, I'm on stock rom and looked for the wifi_frequency_band inside "global" and couldn't find it. Are yo sure it is there? How could i use 5ghz band insted :(
Thanks

sillyxone

Jul 23, 2010
Hi, I'm on stock rom and looked for the wifi_frequency_band inside "global" and couldn't find it. Are yo sure it is there? How could i use 5ghz band insted :(
Thanks

I'm not sure why it's not there. You can certainly just insert it, I don't know if it will have any effect. The query should be something similar to this (standard SQL): "INSERT INTO global (name, value) VALUES ('wifi_frequency_band', 1);". Note that I haven't tried the query myself, just guessing with my SQL background.

For verification of the effect, I usually use WifiAnalyzer and go to the network list, where you can switch the list between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If I set the frequency to 2.4GHz alone, I won't be able to see any of the 5GHz, and vice versa (of course, you need to have both 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks around you to verify the absence of them).

Dec 17, 2012
Madrid
I'm not sure why it's not there. You can certainly just insert it, I don't know if it will have any effect. The query should be something similar to this (standard SQL): "INSERT INTO global (name, value) VALUES ('wifi_frequency_band', 1);". Note that I haven't tried the query myself, just guessing with my SQL background.

For verification of the effect, I usually use WifiAnalyzer and go to the network list, where you can switch the list between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If I set the frequency to 2.4GHz alone, I won't be able to see any of the 5GHz, and vice versa (of course, you need to have both 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks around you to verify the absence of them).

Yeah, thanks. I didnt have to selecte anything, its just that there were no 5ghz networks around. Now with my new router it just appears as the rest. Amazing change respect to the oversaturated 2.4ghz. Have at home 100Mb and sometimes i was getting 2-3 Mb by wifi with around 30 wifi neighbor networks detected. Now im getting 104mb, exactly what i get by cable. :D

evasi0n

Nov 1, 2013
to install sqlite.
type
1. su

table "global"
column "value"

any way to make this command run on boot automatically?
I have CloudyG2 2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    easy fix for rooted stock ROM

to install sqlite.
    type
    1. su

table "global"
    column "value"