[Q] Not a retail device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kingwild

Apr 24, 2009
I tried to flash a rom in my phone but every time when I does this, just before the flashing begins, the update program ends with: No retail device and I cannot continue.

It goes fine into download mode. Any clues ?

Casey_boy

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2010
I'm guessing the Samsung updater knows that the device shouldn't be available and so will not update it. I don't know if there is a way around this.

EDIT: Should just check, is your device retail? Or is it some other version of the Omnia you've got?

Casey

kingwild

Apr 24, 2009
It isn't a retail device. It came in an unmarked box. I have had my share of devices that were not supposed to be flashed over the last years and still managed to flash them. But this is a tough one. Cannot find a way to do this.

kingwild

Apr 24, 2009
On second thought: Is there another flash program available ? Looks like the retail flasher checks if it is retail. (It will be after I flashed it).

It outputs this error:

[Channel 0] Confirm Model Name
[Channel 0] FLASH LOCK

Last edited:

lvoky

Oct 20, 2010
Prague
I have exactly the same problem. My device comes from the batch of the early prototypes and I can't flash it to a new firmware. Neither it updates to 7008 through Zune as it always says the phone is up-to-date.

Big shame, I'm stuck to the 7004... Any idea for solution?

Casey_boy

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2010
I suppose you could try contacting Samsung? Maybe visit one of their service centres to see if they can flash it for you?

Casey

kingwild

Apr 24, 2009
@Ivoky

Mine is too but it is updated to 7008. Guess I can update it to NoDo too with the instructions on the Omnia general forum. But the receptance is much better with the latest firmware. That is why I would like to upgrade.

VonCrisp

Oct 13, 2010
For the Samsung Taylor you have to use the ChevronWP7 NoDo Updater to update the phone to NoDo.

Status
Not open for further replies.