[Q] Note 10.1 Boot Loop. Can't access recovery mode

Search This thread

Hengamebe

Aug 30, 2017
Phone won't get into recovery stuck at boot with the phone logo. Tried everything volume keys+power key still not booting into recovery also

No B Ody

Dec 7, 2019
hi
i have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT- N8020 and it is stuck on bootloop and can't access to recovery mode.......
what should i do???...plss help me

digitaldavid

Mar 16, 2020
hi,

I've installed twrp via app from my gt-n8000, then i reboot the system in recovery mode and it starts a loop reboot (i have to tour off battery to stop, but when i insert the battery it's start loop). The only thing that I can do it is enter the odin mode. But i try to install usb driver, odin, etc ... but odin doesn't see my device. How can I do? I've read above that if i enetere via odin maybe i can solve my problem, but how can I do to see my device. Is there any other way? Many thanks.

kiggt

May 15, 2020
Hi,
My Galaxy Tab 10.1(GT-N800) is stuck on boot loop.
I can't access recovery and I tried flashing it and its still stuck on boot loop.
Is there any solution to it??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootloop - No Recovery Mode

Would flashing the stock ROM erase everything from the tablet? Is there a way to retrieve the files from it in download mode?

Hi all,

I have a similar issue to kyleschepis.

I am not using a custom ROM. I have the stock ROM that came with the GT-N8013.

My issue started a week ago. My Galaxy Note had been having occasional issues with the external SD card. A warning would appear saying that the SD card had been removed, and a couple of seconds later it would re-mount and every thing was fine.

But last week, I picked up my note and turned the screen on (it was already started) and noticed the warning message while the screen was still locked. Then, as the second message was still being displayed letting me know that the SD card had been mounted, I swipe the screen to unlock. But instead of unlocking, my Note completely rebooted. It got as far as the logo screen (displaying "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1"), but would go no further.

I AM able to get into the Odin download mode but CANNOT get into recovery mode no matter what I do.

I have tried re-flashing the stock ROM ("KIES_HOME_N8013UEUCMI3_N8013XARCMI3_813049_REV00 _user_low_ship.tar.md5") several times, as well as trying to install customer recovery modes like CWM and TWRP, as well as the stock recovery. The installation in Odin seems to run fine - I get the "PASS" message at the end of the prodedure. But the power + volume up combination does NOT get me into recovery mode. Even if, as many have suggested, I continue holding the button combination until the logo screen displays a second or a third time.

I have been without my Note for a full week now, and I use it for everything. So, any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
    Boot into recovery

I had a similar issue but then realised that the instructions I had been following were slightly inaccurate i.e. hold down power and volume up...... what worked for me was hold down power and volume up, when logo comes up, release power but hold on to the volume.

lets know if you already tried that.
    rjhklein said:
    I think it has something to do with hardware, original cable etc. tomorrow I have it flashed at the Samsung shop and see if it works there.
    Did it work? I went to a Samsung Service Point today with the the exact same problem: it gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 text and does nothing beyond that. When I try to get into recovery (TWRP) it shows Teamwin for a short time before rebooting into the same problem. Download mode works, flashing stock firmware says 'Pass' in Odin, but it doesn't solve the problem. I tried flashing multiple times, even using a PIT file, but no luck at all. The service guy tried flashing it with stock firmware but he couldn't fix it. The stupid thing is, my warranty period is over. By 11 days. If this had happened 11 days earlier it would have been fixed for free by Samsung, but I am in bad luck. I asked whether he could do something for me because it's been only 11 days but he said no.
    I had Omnirom installed, 4.4.2 if I'm not mistaken. It has been working since April and now suddenly it failed.

Anyways, is there anyone out there who has some more things which I can try? I haven't tried multiple firmwares so far, only the 4.4.2 Dutch stock rom, using multiple versions of Odin. I also tried flashing only stock recovery with a tar file I found here, no luck. I tried flashing CWM, the newest version of TWRP (I had an older version earlier), all to no avail.

BTW, mios_sakuragi, this seems to be a good guide. However, instead of downloading 'XXALGC' I would suggest going to sammobile.com to find the firmware for your country. Also, you can make a choice between 4.4.2 or an older one. 4.4.2 doesn't seem to be that popular. I hope that helps...
    Any update? Having the same problem. Can anyone provide a PIT file? Found one online for n8013 and didnt change a thing... still in bootloop and TWRP goes blank after a couple of seconds. :(

I am having same issue but I can't get it into recovery mode...pressing power and volume up the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 pops up, if I hold both down it just keeps going black and then logo again every 10 seconds. trying releasing power button like someone else said and it does same thing...logo goes on and off about every 10 secs. I can get it into odin mode and it just says downloading...do not turn off target but I don't know what I am supposed to do, I downloaded kies but it won't recognize my device. it's 18 mos old with light use and it's freaking dead...I am not a tech person but am trying all of the options I am googling...it's stock and light mom use, it's out of warranty, samsung says $199 and $20 shipping to even have me send it in to look at...wth??!!!
    I have also have this issue out of the blue this morning. :(
    Any updates on how to at least boot into recovery? Can't flash via Odin due to failed write.