• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Note 2 does not boot after Team Win factory reset

Search This thread

daigo1

Nov 28, 2012
Okay, so I had a stock Note 2 fully updated software or whatever (if you go into 'Settings' then 'About phone' the 'Software update' part). I followed section 1a instructions (10 steps): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207 and then this one for WIndows: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118348 (I just followed the video instructions) and everything seemed to work out fine and I got Team Win Recovery.

But when I did a factory reset in Team Win recovery, the phone did not boot up at all and I had to use Odin to install Root66 stock VRALJB 4.1.1 12/2/12 like I did in the first set of instructions I did in order for my phone to boot up again.

Is this normal/supposed to happen?

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
... Why did you factory reset at all? There was no reason to unless you were installing a rom. You made two errors back to back. Doesn't root 66 relock the bootloader? I don't even know what to suggest you do. Don't mod your phone till you read more. If you don't learn this stuff you will have a very expensive brick dude

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Acery

Jan 28, 2013
Factory reset wiping from within the phone software is totally different from factory wiping from within recovery and not to be confused with one another.

doing a format wipe from within twrp could be compared to format c: at a dos command prompt. Once you reboot there is no OS in the phone

Reactions: hopesrequiem

jacampb2

Apr 21, 2012
Beaverton
www.rollmeover.com
Factory reset wiping from within the phone software is totally different from factory wiping from within recovery and not to be confused with one another.

doing a format wipe from within twrp could be compared to format c: at a dos command prompt. Once you reboot there is no OS in the phone

I'm pretty sure you are mistaken. I have factory reset with TWRP plenty of times and it does not format the system partition. So, my bet is either he had a bugged TWRP or he accidently went to Wipe-->System instead of factory reset. Factory reset should just wipe data and cache.

Later,
Jason

daigo1

Nov 28, 2012
I'm pretty sure you are mistaken. I have factory reset with TWRP plenty of times and it does not format the system partition. So, my bet is either he had a bugged TWRP or he accidently went to Wipe-->System instead of factory reset. Factory reset should just wipe data and cache.

Later,
Jason

Ah yes, I accidentally did Wipe-->System

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.