[Q] Okay, Google, Now...?

Search This thread

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
I thought this was the only phase it would follow, if I say okay only, it opens the search...or just okay google. Maybe google now? it is becoming a problem as my phone was on this morning on something searched I had not as it was on charger all night. Was randomly popping up seaches yesterday too. Anyone have this issue and know a way of resolving it? Makes me afraid for USC to get the 4.4 update...Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1055 Ghost USC (Moto X)

Reactions: taj80

monkespit

May 12, 2009
Ever since camera update and gnow update to take OK Google from search results my motox has been super sensitive. It will go off from nearly anything. 4.4 root.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: taj80

taj80

Sep 20, 2010
Ever since I took the I 4.4 ota from Verizon. The touchless control has also been crazy sensitive too. It goes off all the time and I don't know until she says 'the command canceled'. Not sure it a factory reset would fix it but haven't been willing to try that yet. Any ideas what else might fix it from being more sensitive?

icon123

Oct 13, 2009
Not sure what to do but its terrible for me too on 4.4. I'm going to have to turn it off. Keeps going off all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jexx11

Sep 19, 2013
I've been having the same problem, phone will be in my pocket or on my desk and I will randomly hear "command canceled"

Its very annoying and happens several times a day, and nothing even close to "OK Google" is being said.

Seems to be a fairly common problem so hopefully a fix is in the works

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

mechanical tool

Jan 15, 2011
I have read other posts here claiming that saying the training phrase more slowly helped with it accidentally turning on.

(I've had no problems myself, still on 4.2.2 with the camera update)

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

Indigo779

Sep 21, 2010
I've had it turn on watching a trailer for a movie. Restarted the trailer and it popped up again in same spot.

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app

ClippinWings

Oct 18, 2010
Orange County, CA
I've only had one "accidental" fire...

That's in quotes for a reason... My son and I were cooking on thanksgiving... My phone was in my pocket... His nexus 7 was displaying the recipe on the counter...

When the pie went in the oven...

"OK Google, set alarm for 30 minutes"

Nexus acknowledged the command and I told my son to come get me when the Alarm went off.

Obviously, he didn't need to... My phone's alarm also went off.

Sent from my MotoX, using TapaTypo

Jexx11

Sep 19, 2013
That's the odd thing, mine worked perfectly on 4.2.2 as well but ever since the upgrade to 4.4 it goes off randomly.

Of course I've tried retraining the phrase several times but it seems to make no difference.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Yeah that is what's strange cuz I'm on 4.2.2 obviously since US Cellular hasn't got 4.4 yet. Even completely stock besides unlocked boot loader. Have used FXZ's in past week or two in order to lose root. Wondering if I should try a data and cache wipe. Not sure but today was actually pretty good without random searches.

Sent from my XT1055 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought this was the only phase it would follow, if I say okay only, it opens the search...or just okay google. Maybe google now? it is becoming a problem as my phone was on this morning on something searched I had not as it was on charger all night. Was randomly popping up seaches yesterday too. Anyone have this issue and know a way of resolving it? Makes me afraid for USC to get the 4.4 update...Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1055 Ghost USC (Moto X)
    Ever since camera update and gnow update to take OK Google from search results my motox has been super sensitive. It will go off from nearly anything. 4.4 root.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone