• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] OTG/USB Host for MT65XX Phones, especially for Jiayu G3, possible?

Search This thread

torfun

Aug 20, 2013
Hi folks!

I need the OTG/USB Host function on my Jiayu G3. Normally it doesn't support it.. :(

So I did i lot of research and tests at "how i can enable it" and found some information:

1. some things point to it, like the libusbhost.so in /system/lib
2. all 5 pins of the usb slot are connected to a chip (this says nothing, i know)
3. i have found a pdf, which says that otg is possible on mt6575-77 (found on github)

So my question, has anybody get otg/usb host get enabled on Jiayu G3 oder m65xx phones? OR is anybody there who want the same like me and helps me to make it possible?

Attachments

• Driver_All_In_One_V1_MT6575-77_4.0.pdf
    22 bytes · Views: 807

Djoudie

Oct 17, 2013
OTG unlock

Hi
I have a similar problem with my Jiayu G3s (MTK6589T).

For most USB devices it does not react but i hope there is a chance to make it work.

I do not know if it si trustworthy but according to USB OTG Checker my device supports USB OTG.
When i insert one of my USB flash drives i can find sdcard1 folder (total commander) . It is empty but it reacts.

Can anybody please help or just explain what is the problem. Thank you

Last edited:

Steeplechase

Jul 21, 2006
USB Cables

Hi
I have a similar problem with my Jiayu G3s (MTK6589T).

For most USB devices it does not react but i hope there is a chance to make it work.

I do not know if it si trustworthy but according to USB OTG Checker my device supports USB OTG.
When i insert one of my USB flash drives i can find sdcard1 folder (total commander) . It is empty but it reacts.

Can anybody please help or just explain what is the problem. Thank you

Hi there,

I think I have a possible solution for this case.
Many USB cables are not correct to link with computer. I have two cables, one of Jiayu and other (more thin) brought in a chinese store. The cable brought in chinese store don't work to link with computer.

I hope this information was useful.

andrei80

Jul 30, 2012
Barlad
maxiandroid.blogspot.com/2012/06/usb-otg-android.html
This might help. Using an apk it is possible to make it work, IF kernel supports it. Don't know if phone has hardware support though...