[Q] overclocking the DX

Search This thread

imbtrthanu

Sep 27, 2012
Hi all, after installing MaartenXDA's ROM, I saw the performance control and wanted advice on a safe frequency to overclock my DX to. Thanks in advance! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
Does custom kernel included for overclocking in your custom rom?

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
we need someone to create a custom kernel for our phone. without custom kernel, we cant overclock our phone.

but i dont see any reason yet to overclock, the current frequency are fast enough for me even for gaming. unless you have a very slow phone, 1ghz single core processor and below it would be good.

i used to overclock a lot on my single core processor phone from 1ghz to 1.2-1.8ghz frequency. of course the higher frequency you're on the more risk you are gonna damage the cpu of your phone and battery because of overheat. from 1ghz, overclocking to 1.2-1.4ghz is safe.

underclocking would be a smart idea though to save battery.

the main reason custom kernel are needed for me are to use some governors and schedulers to save battery or performance.

Reactions: Leon

imbtrthanu

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks guys! Oh, and could someone explain or post a link to a guide on overclocking? :cool:

gr3mlin

Dec 5, 2009
we need someone to create a custom kernel for our phone. without custom kernel, we cant overclock our phone.

but i dont see any reason yet to overclock, the current frequency are fast enough for me even for gaming. unless you have a very slow phone, 1ghz single core processor and below it would be good.

i used to overclock a lot on my single core processor phone from 1ghz to 1.2-1.8ghz frequency. of course the higher frequency you're on the more risk you are gonna damage the cpu of your phone and battery because of overheat. from 1ghz, overclocking to 1.2-1.4ghz is safe.

the main reason custom kernel are needed for me are to use some governors and schedulers to save battery or performance.

Thanks guys! Oh, and could someone explain or post a link to a guide on overclocking? :cool:

read post above yours

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone