[Q] P1000 vs P1010 - any other differences than the missing 3G?

Search This thread

HenrietteK

Mar 20, 2011
Hello.
I'm thinking about getting a Galaxy Tab wifi only, but are there any other spec differences between the P1000 and the P1010 other than the missing 3G?

Any known software issues with the P1010?

Thank you

/Henriette

HenrietteK

Mar 20, 2011
Don't care about the BT. I think the gps is actually there. Can anyone confirm that?

Sent from my E10i using XDA App

bthoven

Jun 28, 2008
Bangkok
No GPS I think and BT 2.1 instead of 3.0

It does have GPS.

The CPU is also different.

In summary, there are 3 differences:

1. CPU (not much different, I think)
2. GPU (thus can't play 720p smoothly, forget 1080p)
3. Bluetooth (transfer speed is lower)

I own one, and I'm disappointed at the GPU.

pendevous

Apr 4, 2011
Paranaque City
Hello.
I'm thinking about getting a Galaxy Tab wifi only, but are there any other spec differences between the P1000 and the P1010 other than the missing 3G?

Any known software issues with the P1010?

Thank you

/Henriette

1. The P1010 weighs maybe 1 - 5 grams less because you don't need to put a card in it.
2. The WiFi-only only has a 16GB internal memory model.
3. No EDGE, 3G, etc.

Where did you guys get the information regarding the weaker proc? The specs at pdadb.net and gsmarena are just the same? O_O

Unless, of course, they haven't modified it yet. O_O

randallu

Dec 25, 2010
Palo Alto, CA
Galaxy Tab WiFi is OMAP3

I just got a Galaxy Tab WiFi and will be returning it tomorrow.

The SoC is an OMAP3 of some kind. The GPU *is* an SGX530, which is significantly slower than the SGX540 on the Samsung C110 SoC. The OMAPs memory controller is also much slower than the C110s, various other OMAP bits are not up-to-spec compared to C110. The Galaxy Tab WiFi is a joke. Buy a nook color instead: save $100 and get a better LCD.

I'm sure that the product spec page for the Galaxy Tab WiFi said "C110 Applications Processor" a few days ago, now it reads "1GHz A8 Cortex Processor" (which isn't even written correctly, should be "Cortex-A8"...). I was suspicious when someone posted that they had inspected a P1010 ROM and it contained all of the TI OMX libraries, but I didn't believe that Samsung would redo the whole BSP for a product destined to sell zero million units.

I was wrong. Guess I'll wait for the Asus Transformer.

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
It seems that the firmware / Android version isn't upgradable by normal means.

There is no firmware or Android update selection like the Sprint version.

Kies indicates that the firmware is NOT upgradable.

Anyone know what's going on?

victor888

Aug 18, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
I brought mine yesterday

P1010 decode 720P video is fine (smooth) with stock video player

Screen is so great (actually better than my HD2 w/ Android) , just waiting for the great great xda developer work on the kernel so I can overclock mine...

Here is the list I really like
- ROOT access
- Overclocking , Memory Managerment
- UI Tweak (Using Go launcher at the moment)

rtfm1777

Apr 22, 2011
Where did you guys get the information regarding the weaker proc? The specs at pdadb.net and gsmarena are just the same? O_O

I agree, I haven't seen anything definitive yet that shows it has the weaker CPU. Can any of you smart xda people who has either broken one open (not me, ...yet) or studied the code give a somewhat more definitive answer? I've had mine for 2 weeks now. I'm happy with its performance. But I know I'm going to want to play with the innards down the road. Is it really that much different from the tab phones?

Reactions: guv69

webvan

May 20, 2008
Any update on this? I was going to get a WiFi tab but having second thoughts now...

@victor888 - what app did you use to play the 720p files, RockPlayer?

kymaira

Feb 5, 2011
the P1010 is not Bluetooth keyboard Compatible (No HID inside). apparently does not support video output through HDMI cable, please advise if anyone is working.
greetings.

Last edited:

Tillmet

Jun 23, 2007
Tested it

Hey there,

I have read a lot about the differences of these Tabs, but I have not seen some real results.

So I just bought both of them... And I compared:

Fazit: the GT-P1000 is really faster then the GT-P1010!

I have made a screenshot of both Tabs. P1010 with Android 2.2.1 and P1000 with Android 2.2 with nothing running then Quadrant.

The results are:
P1000: 1090 Points
P1010: 691 Points

You can feel the differences by browsing, sliding the top bar down and using the back and home button.

I don't have pictures of the Hardwareinfos, but I lookes at them and there are a lot of differences. The CPU is the same. But the GPU is a SGX530@P1010 and a SGX540@P1000. All sensors are different and other things. OpenGL1.0@P1010 and OpenGL1.1@P1000.

I will make pictures and a list of all differences, if someone want's it.

Greetz,
Tillmet

Attachments

• WP_000011.jpg
    WP_000011.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 201
  • WP_000012.jpg
    WP_000012.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 153

Kuniokun

Jul 11, 2011
I don't trust in Quadrant benchmark. If you use OCLF in the P1010 the result overpast the 1000 points.

In game I have good performace +-30fps in HD gameloft titles, like Eternal Legacy, Dungeon Hunter, etc. In video performace the P1010 play 720p h.263 very well (test it with the free Big Buck Bunny Movie 720p mp4, the picture quality is awesome) ;no so well with h.264 that need be 480p with a baseline level 3.0 profile.

Yes, is no so powerfull like the P1000 but with the price I am satisfied with it.

Ps. Android System Info show OpenGL 1.1 same that the P1000.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I agree, I haven't seen anything definitive yet that shows it has the weaker CPU. Can any of you smart xda people who has either broken one open (not me, ...yet) or studied the code give a somewhat more definitive answer? I've had mine for 2 weeks now. I'm happy with its performance. But I know I'm going to want to play with the innards down the road. Is it really that much different from the tab phones?