• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Package Access Helper killing my battery

Search This thread

Pinmac

Feb 15, 2011
I have a Galaxy Note running stock 4.1.2 Android. Over the last couple of days my battery usage has gone mad and only lasting 8-9 hours. I thought it was a duff battery and put my spare in but same result. When I looked at the battery usage I found that Package Access Helper was top of the list with 35% when it never shows usually. I Googled the problem but there was nothing very helpful.

I am also having trouble downloading any apps or deleting cache. I have rebooted several times, done a battery pull and have re-enabled all the apps I had disabled. It has made no difference and the PAH continues to hammer my battery. I would really like to avoid a factory reset if possible especially as this doesn't necessarily fix the problem apparently.

Please does anyone have any suggestions?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
HTC One S
i9100
I have a Galaxy Note running stock 4.1.2 Android. Over the last couple of days my battery usage has gone mad and only lasting 8-9 hours. I thought it was a duff battery and put my spare in but same result. When I looked at the battery usage I found that Package Access Helper was top of the list with 35% when it never shows usually. I Googled the problem but there was nothing very helpful.

I am also having trouble downloading any apps or deleting cache. I have rebooted several times, done a battery pull and have re-enabled all the apps I had disabled. It has made no difference and the PAH continues to hammer my battery. I would really like to avoid a factory reset if possible especially as this doesn't necessarily fix the problem apparently.

Have you already flashed the stock rom via Odin?

bibhu60

Dec 2, 2012
delhi
Try this

Package Access Helper is the service which helps in installing and uninstalling of apps.
There are many posts of it draining battery.
Are there any software updates available in your phone, install it.
If no open play store and update all available apps.
If not fixed then clear caches using app manager 3 or any other.
Uninstall any recently installed apps when the problem started.
And pull out battery wait for 2 mins reinsert the battery and boot up phone it may be fixed.. :D

Hit thanks if I helped..

Reactions: rodrick11

IanBeltramo

May 23, 2018
kill cached process in developer options

open the developer's options via the last option in your settings (about phone) then scroll down to your build number spam tap the crap out of it then go back to your settings open the development tab open running services and in the top right should say something cached processes and kill process Package access helper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you already flashed the stock rom via Odin?
    Try this

Package Access Helper is the service which helps in installing and uninstalling of apps.
    There are many posts of it draining battery.
    Are there any software updates available in your phone, install it.
    If no open play store and update all available apps.
    If not fixed then clear caches using app manager 3 or any other.
    Uninstall any recently installed apps when the problem started.
    And pull out battery wait for 2 mins reinsert the battery and boot up phone it may be fixed.. :D

Hit thanks if I helped..