[Q] Pantech Burst Love, Anyone? Anyone?

Search This thread

nverpost

Feb 24, 2013
Denver
What is Install Memory in Task Manager app?

Hi,
I am using the built in app Task Manager on Burst & am not sure what I'm looking at under Systems>Install Memory? It is not RAM, Internal Memory nor SD Card. Always sits pretty high, around 680MB-800MB. It does indicate right now 685MB / 1007MB which would lead you to believe it is RAM but the size never changes even after ending running apps. The actual RAM indicator does change after ending apps.
It seems to increase in size with the number of apps added & I have read threads that suggest moving apps to the SD Card but I just can't imagine apps are being stored in this 1007MB slot of space.

By the way, according to the Android OS Storage Settings, I have 12.26GB of internal storage available & 14.82GB of SD Card storage available (or all of it).

Under Android OS Settings>Storage>Total Space (12.33GB)- Apps are using 577MB, Pictures & Video = 64MB, Audio = 136KB, Downloads = 256KB, Misc = 758KB. Which is a little over 641.5MB, not quite 685 but close enough to make me wonder if it does equate to Install Memory.

Can I trust what Task Manager is telling me? It says only 72MB of 12.3GB being used, but Android's own Settings show 641.5MB of used Internal Memory?

Thank you,
:cowboy:

nverpost

Feb 24, 2013
Denver
Well I removed a few apps & sure enough the Installed Memory went down to 649MB. Seems odd that the phone would be limited to 1007MB for app installation. That cannot be right. I'm missing something.
Last week I was getting insufficient storage message when Amazon Kindle was trying to update. Cleared cache on Kindle, uninstalled to factory version & reinstalled - successfully installed. But I'm guessing that 1GB limit is what caused the insufficient storage message.

rohitshakti

Oct 25, 2012

hawkwind212

Feb 16, 2011
Falls Church,VA
Moto G Power
One that's running the best IMO is the slimbean ROM. I'm currently running the liquid smooth because I want to use the screen cast ability. I didn't notice anything wrong with the WiFi. What kind of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi problem are you talking about?

jellybean59

Mar 21, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Downloads link: https://github.com/PantechDevTeam/PantechDevTeam.github.io/wiki/Public-Download-links

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I didn't have any problems with WiFi. Never could get Bluetooth headset to work on any of the 4.4 builds.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Bluetooth stereo headset works for listening to music but not for phone calls.

rohitshakti

Oct 25, 2012
Downloads link: https://github.com/PantechDevTeam/PantechDevTeam.github.io/wiki/Public-Download-links

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I didn't have any problems with WiFi. Never could get Bluetooth headset to work on any of the 4.4 builds.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Bluetooth stereo headset works for listening to music but not for phone calls.

Gapps links are not working here....

rohitshakti

Oct 25, 2012
Just Google gapps 4.4 or 4.2. Whichever you need. Shouldn't be hard to find.

As there was a bug in CM11 of bluetooth and i use bluetooth so I installed CM10 which is working nice.

1. Can anyone tell which Xposed version can be installed on it and good modules for Pantech burst ?????

2. Please also tell from where can I get its themes ?

regards

Last edited:

rohitshakti

Oct 25, 2012

As there was a bug in CM11 of bluetooth and i use bluetooth so I installed CM10 which is working nice.

1. Can anyone tell which Xposed version can be installed on it and good modules for Pantech burst ?????

2. Please also tell from where can I get its themes ?

regards

I installed CM11 on pantech burst with TK gapps. But the phone sometimes automatically switches off (2-3 times) a day and this eats 40-60% battery.

Any bug in CM11....?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wonder why we couldn't have a good phone with good price and good support, also? just only one.

hey all!!!!!! guess what update is up for grabs right NOW GO GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shi* address is https://www.pantechusa.com/upgrade/burst/

please hit the thanks button!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Root is done, attn1 is working on recovery now, and IOMonster and I are trying to get a better root done while waiting on recovery.

As of right now, we have a leaked update that we are hi-jacking to get root, however we hope to get it down to just flashing recovery without the need for update later today.

Stay tuned.

CWBv5.jpg
    I'm porting over the newest Ubuntu Touch to you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    and here is root, you need fastboot and adb

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04/09/pantech-burst-rooted-and-the-process-is-stupid-easy/

IOMonster saved the day here, without him you would have to wipe your phone and install modified leaked firmware to get root.

Very glad we decided to not release the initial root, sorry

If IOMonster wants to explain he can, I would prefer not to however.

Details

http://goo.im/devs/jcase/prestoroot.img

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot prestoroot.img

once phone boots, reboot it again, install superuser from the market
    I've started hosting relevant files for the Burst on part of my site. Download speeds are pretty high so if you can't access the 4shared or dropbox or whatever mirrors, check here.

If anyone has any particular files they want hosted and aren't already there, PM me.

Level 99 - Pantech Burst Files